Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new tunes emailed. I downloaded the SCT software and plugged my tuner in but I guess the software cant find my tuner. Im assuming its a windows 8 problem since it doesnt ever detect what anything I plug in is now. Has anyone got the software working with Windows 8?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are your usb drivers installed?
Yeah. I can use things like external HDD's and other things but I cant get into things such as my phone and cant update or put any tunes on here. it shows the device is plugged in but it just wont recognize it from the sct software. Just keeps asking me to plug it in

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
The software isn't perfect. It took me a couple tries to get everything squared away. No idea why it was having problems. Just make sure your device software and the program software both have been updated. It's a little persnickety, so if something isn't 100% it may not work and it won't tell you why either. Google helped me figure out what to try. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it all working only to tell me that the CEF Serial Number and Device Serial Number dont match. Fannnntastic.

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Check to make sure the serial number it pops up when it gives you the error is the same as what's on your tuner. After you update your software, unplug it and plug it in without putting it in the firmware mode. I had the same issue when both were correct. Turns out I was trying to load the tunes in firmware mode, which you're not supposed to be in to load tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
329 Posts
If it is a windows 8 compatability issue-Download Oracles Virtualbox, its free and easy to setup a virtual machine with an older OS (XP seems to work best) so if you have an old xp disc, download Virtualbox, install XP. *****This will not work if you are running Windows 8 RT*****

1 - 11 of 11 Posts