Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my passenger side speaker started going out a while ago. I ordered a speaker off of a forum member, who said it would work with 2002 mach 460 system. But here's what I got.

Stock Speaker

Take notice to the connector and "AA" at the end of the code.

New speaker

The connectors are different, and the code is different as well. I'm not sure if the code is important, but I thought it might have to do with the type of speaker it is, because the digits before the final two letters all match. Just the "AA" and "DA" do not. Do you think I'll have to buy another harness to fit the two plugs on the new speaker, or won't that even work? Please help.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If they are the same size you can just buy a bag of the new connectors at RadioShack for like $0.67.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they are the same size you can just buy a bag of the new connectors at RadioShack for like $0.67.
Yeah they look to be the same size. Is it difficult to put a different connector onto the wires that hook up to the speaker?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Not at all. Especially if you can solder. You don't even have to be good at it. My stock speakers ended in KA so I am not quite sure what's up with Fords speaker coding.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, reps to both. And Asian, what exactly do you mean by a female disconnect?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Essentially what you'll do is just insert the male blade on the speaker into the female disconnect. The plastic shield on it will prevent it from shorting out or touching any other metal components on your car. You can find disconnects at any Advance Auto or ACE Hardware.

The first video on this page will give you the basics and terminology of wire splicing: Installation

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Essentially what you'll do is just insert the male blade on the speaker into the female disconnect. The plastic shield on it will prevent it from shorting out or touching any other metal components on your car. You can find disconnects at any Advance Auto or ACE Hardware.

The first video on this page will give you the basics and terminology of wire splicing: Installation
Thanks a lot man! I'll try to give this a go ASAP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts