Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this one, and others like it. This it says that if you have 2 remotes you can program it. And obviously take it to a smith to get it cut. But what about the chip in for keys that is required to start the engine? Is this a generic chip? Because from what I can tell it doesn't say anything about that.

Anyone have this or one like it that didn't come from the factory?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
ive used many aftermarket keys, am using so 2 right now, when I used to install and never had a problem with them. As far as the flip key is there is a thread over on SVTP of a guy that did this with his car but he had to modify the black plastic piece so that it would fully insert inside the key hole

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
I've looked into this and without the key with the chip programmed by the dealer it won't start the car. That's what I've been told.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
your right they wont but if you have both of the original keys you can program a third by yourself or otherwise you will have to take it to the dealership to have them program the codes onto those keys

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
your right they wont but if you have both of the original keys you can program a third by yourself or otherwise you will have to take it to the dealership to have them program the codes onto those keys
Really, I have both keys and haven't heard that. This I would like to know.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I forgot the process but it is located in your users manual

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Step 1: Insert working key 1 and turn till the lights come on on the instrument cluster.

Step 2: Remove key 1 and insert working key 2 and repeat process.

Step 3:Insert nonprogrammed key and start car.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
remember that you need both (2) of the original keys in order to do this process

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I was thinking about it as well but would serve no purpose if you have an aftermarket alarm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it really that simple if you have 2 working keys?...The way it's described seems like I could just buy this flipkey from eBay, get it cut for my car, and then do this process:

Step 1: Insert working key 1 and turn till the lights come on on the instrument cluster.

And that's it?

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
Is it really that simple if you have 2 working keys?...The way it's described seems like I could just buy this flipkey from eBay, get it cut for my car, and then do this process:

And that's it?
It does sound to easy. I just ordered one and I'm gonna find out.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts

And that's it?
No that's not it at all.

Follow the instructions in this post and it'll work.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts