Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Do you daily drive? UPR K's suck for daily use. Many have snapped on the street just like their lower control arms. Chicago has some of the worst streets in the country.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will have to look into PA racing. Since i am cheap/ lack skill to fab a turbo kit up if i find out that either team Z, PA Raceing fits the On3 set up, i will go with them over UPR. But is the Moly way mor superior then the mild steel with duribility? the only brands that i was able to find storys of k-member failure was a UPR mild steel in old threads from 2001-2005 on other sites and Qa1.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
i think mylilpwny used the team Z k member with his on 3 build? check out his build thread on corral

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think mylilpwny used the team Z k member with his on 3 build? check out his build thread on corral
reps to you sir for pointing that out to me he had to make motifications only because he used different motor mounts or something like that and the modifications he had to do are ones im able to do so f yea!!!, next paycheck ill be picking up either the moly or mild steel one. im going to talk to dave from team z and see what he thinks i should get baised on my goals and such

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I have the infamous QA1 piece of crap. Had it one 1yr. and put 6k miles on it, no known signs of failure. Regardless, I'll be swapping in a UPR Chrome-moly K when I do the motor. The QA1 throws off the front suspension geometry and you can't get enough positive camber adjustment even with 4 bolt CC plates and camber bolts.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I run UPR on my DD. k member, a-arms, full coilover set. I drive my car aggressively almost everyday. Have not had any issues with them. Best thing anyways is that upr offers lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Don't buy a QA1...too many quirks but other than that a mild steel K member is suppose to be better for a street car because the moly is suppose to be more brittle. With that said I've never seen any stories of a K member breaking and the only issues I ever remember hearing was fitment issues with early UPR K members.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
I've got a UPR K Chromoly K in my car and it works great.

I've probably put 10k miles on it in the past few years.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
I run UPR on my DD. k member, a-arms, full coilover set. I drive my car aggressively almost everyday. Have not had any issues with them. Best thing anyways is that upr offers lifetime warranty.
Vegas has the smoothest roads. Once you start beating that K up over pot holes and patch work watch out.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
for street use mild steel should actually be better. because of the make up of chromoly it will break easier IIRC. But with that said it would still take a lot to make either one break. If you can get the upr for dirt cheap I'd go with that. if you buy new go with the teamz metal matrix.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Installed my upr k member kit (mild steel) earlier today...pretty happy overall...only small issue is the lack of instructions and the factory steering rack bolts are too long...but other than that its pretty straight foreward and it fit well and everything lined up unlike my buddies old POS qa1...

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Oh also cant tell you about ride quality or anything yet cuz theres no motor or trans in my car right now lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts