Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok basically, I just bought a 2006 Mustang GT today (I get it on Saturday). It's white exterior with red and black interior (red leather seats with black and red highlights on the rest of the interior like the door panel and stuff). I'm considering having a red racing stripe added to complement the interior. But I would rather see some pictures of some similar ones before deciding (I'm actually liking the clean look of the car right now).

So if anyone has any pics of what I am looking for, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I hate you. lol that was my dream stang. I was looking for one identical to that when i was shopping for one. I unfortuantly never found one, but lucky you! I'm happy with mine.......

i hate you....:D

great find man, grats

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Don't know about the red stripes. It would bring out your interior, but i think i would still prefer black stripes. The car does have black in it also right? My you could get black stripes with red pin striping around it? and paint your calipers red? IMO i just think a plain red stripe is too over powering of a color.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya that is what I was thinking when I saw the pictures with the red stripes. And yes it does have black in it. I was thinking possibly the large black stripe with 2 red pin stripes on either side of it. And ya, I completely plan on painting the calipers red once I get my new rims (want black and chrome 18's and the Mustang I got comes with grey 17" Bullits).

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
can't say i like that look, but that's just my opinion. of course i'm sure there are people that don't like the look of a dark car with big fat dark blue stripes that are a bit harder to see also. i'm not the biggest fan of contrast. rather be driving down the road and someone have to do a double take and see if it had stripes or not

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
can't say i like that look, but that's just my opinion. of course i'm sure there are people that don't like the look of a dark car with big fat dark blue stripes that are a bit harder to see also. i'm not the biggest fan of contrast. rather be driving down the road and someone have to do a double take and see if it had stripes or not
If you have to double look to even see if it had stripes, than what's the point of the stripes?

·
10,234 Posts
guess you aren't one to like the look of ghost flames on a car either then huh. i think they look great. i'm the one to have things more subtle

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
guess you aren't one to like the look of ghost flames on a car either then huh. i think they look great. i'm the one to have things more subtle
I agree, although I almost made the mistake of having my stripes the wrong color. Mine certainly aren't as subtle as yours, Bob, but when I ordered the car I wanted silver stripes. My salesman thought that would be too much, and insisted I go with the gray I have now. I was glad I did when I saw the car the day I picked it up. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree, although I almost made the mistake of having my stripes the wrong color. Mine certainly aren't as subtle as yours, Bob, but when I ordered the car I wanted silver stripes. My salesman thought that would be too much, and insisted I go with the gray I have now. I was glad I did when I saw the car the day I picked it up. :)
The grey ones look nice on your IMO. My brother just bought an 08 GT black on black and is thinking of putting the gun metal grey stripes on his. I'm still undecided if I should put the stripes on mine or just go for the clean look and just tint the windows and put the side window louvers on it and keep it like that.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
The grey ones look nice on your IMO. My brother just bought an 08 GT black on black and is thinking of putting the gun metal grey stripes on his. I'm still undecided if I should put the stripes on mine or just go for the clean look and just tint the windows and put the side window louvers on it and keep it like that.
Thanks man :)

Just make sure you take your time and explore different cars. Here's a decent place with a **** load of pictures of different Stangs.

Mustangworld Select Stangs S197's

Root through them and see what trips your trigger. I've said this to other guys on here when they are contemplating aesthetic modifications:

If you see something, and it doesn't make you think "Holy ****! I want that! I'm in love!", then it's probably not for you. If you have to really think about something, it's probably not for you. For me, anyway, it has to make me go "Wow" in order to do it. You will know when you see what you want.

my opinion has always been:
if you do go with stripes get them nice and WIDE. mine are 14"
I almost agree. I had to decide between the twins and a wide one, but in the end I liked the traditional twins a touch better, so I went that way. In a perfect world I would have one of each. lol

·
10,234 Posts
i just see 2 little 10" stripes and am like awe how cute. i had to have the place special order the vinyl wide enough for the 2 stripes and the cut them. it was a pain in the arse. i think if i get them painted they will be a ghost red rather than blue.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts