Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...long story short...the Camaro will be making more power than our GT's. A lot more. But not just the 6.0L V8......but the 3.6L V6, which is estimated to make over 300hp. Am i the only one that is a bit pissed??

Here's the Article...
Ed Peper says 300+hp V6, 400+hp V8 for Camaro - FQuick.com

Leave your thoughts!

·
Registered
158 Posts
From what I've been reading a lot of cars are going small motor w/ power adders. You still get realy good MPG plus power.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I know Nissan puts a 300 hp v6 in the Maxima, so I'm not surprised honestly. I hope Ford steps up BIG in the next Mustang.

I agree. Can we just drop the 281 cid 4.6L??? I mean...fords "big" expensive motor is a 5.4L.....their big flagship is smaller than chevy's workhorse. I mean...I know Ford makes larger motors...but they're in Trucks! They should redesign the truck motors for speed muscle instead of towing muscle. LOL isn't it just a cam or two? hahaha

·
Registered
11,947 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
its almost embaressing. Ford needs to come standard with the 5.4l and Right from the factory for 5 grand installed a 600+ horsepower supercharge kit.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I can't wait to see the chuvy guys reaction to the price of even the V6. It is gonna have a crazy computer and who knows how the tune aspect will be. I agree with Jon about Ford just going to the 5.4 but would that be enough to keep up with GM,if there ever is anything to keep up with.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
i like my wimpy little 4.6:) and i dont want a 5.4 lt. If you want one go buy one, its called a gt500.
I dont care what you like, im just saying if we want to compete with camaros 6.0+ liters with ground shaking horsepower and torque we are going to need more than our 4.6 liters. My 4.6 is getting stroked and forged and bumped to 18 psi, then cammed. Hopefully i will take on camaros even with bolt ons

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I dont care what you like, im just saying if we want to compete with camaros 6.0+ liters with ground shaking horsepower and torque we are going to need more than our 4.6 liters. My 4.6 is getting stroked and forged and bumped to 18 psi, then cammed. Hopefully i will take on camaros even with bolt ons
what? you would **** all over one with your current set up, at 18psi you give the bugatti a run for its money.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
as long as I can run mid-11s on the street and possibly high 10s, low 11s on the track w/slicks I'll be happy. Thats my current goal. There is always gonna be a new, bigger engine out there, but those are good, respectable times no matter what.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
what? you would **** all over one with your current set up, at 18psi you give the bugatti a run for its money.
You think? Check out the Street racing section, Look at my camaro kill, i cant even beleive the sucker keeped up like it did. I have a new respect for camaros. But hey thanks!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Why is that?
the hp war will come and go the same way it did before. the car left standing will be the one that was the most affordable and that attracted the largest market.

for the guys who want 500 at the wheels buy a damn supercharger and stop crying about ford.

you will be able to get a mustang gt and throw a s/c on it for less then the ss camaro will cost.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
the hp war will come and go the same way it did before. the car left standing will be the one that was the most affordable and that attracted the largest market.

for the guys who want 500 at the wheels buy a damn supercharger and stop crying about ford.

you will be able to get a mustang gt and throw a s/c on it for less then the ss camaro will cost.
true

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
You think? Check out the Street racing section, Look at my camaro kill, i cant even beleive the sucker keeped up like it did. I have a new respect for camaros. But hey thanks!
just look at it this way, if the camaro gets the LS3 its going to be a bit slower then a c6 corvette and bit faster then a Ls2 gto. so thats about a concistent 12.8 sec car. i think the fastest time for a bolt-on ls3 corvette is real low 11's so a full bolt-on ls3 camaro should run about a 11.4-11.7. if you turn your boost up to maybe 12psi you should be good.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
lol how do you run mid 11's on the street?
Well I don't at this current time, working on it though. I just want the ability to beat or at least do good against anything I would possible come across on the streets on street tires and then turn around and put down respectable numbers at the track with slicks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts