Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It claims to add 60 HP and 5-7 MPG. Which I'm sure isn't accurate, but would this chip actually give any increase to performance or fuel economy?
FORD MUSTANG GF Peformance Chip

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Those chips are complete garbage. They've been selling them for years and I've never heard of anyone actually being happy with them. Real gains? Extremely minimal. Save your money and go with either a good chip from a reputable company like SCT or a handheld tuner.

There's a reason the guys around here making serious power aren't using those "awesome" chips that claim 150+hp gains ;) Whenever I see those chips for sale, I think of those stupid magnets some company used to sell. Supposedly you could stick them on your frame rail or any other metal on your car and you'd get better gas mileage and horsepower :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah... that isn't going to do anything good for your car.

I like the part where their savings is based on 12MPG. I'd hope you're getting 5-7MPG over that without anything.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I like the part where their savings is based on 12MPG. I'd hope you're getting 5-7MPG over that without anything.
I didn't read that since I didn't click on the link, but holy ****! I was getting around 12mpg with a bad O2 sensor. I get 18-20mpg with 4.10 gears and my hard-on-the-gas-pedal driving. I'd hate to see how someone would have to drive to get 12mpg with a vehicle that doesn't have mechanical problems :eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And that's why my SCT tuner is in the mail, but I saw this advertised whenever I was loading up my gmail. It looked like something that might do something I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything on it.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Get a muffler bearing while your at it. :shiftyeyes
Where can i acquire one of these muffler bearings? Do they need to be greased with blinker fluid before installation? :shiftyeyes

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I've got some ocean front property in Arizona. If you buy that, I'll throw the Golden Gate in free.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I've got some ocean front property in Arizona. If you buy that, I'll throw the Golden Gate in free.
I'll take it! But thoroughbred has to win the lottery with my numbers first :shiftyeyes

:lmao

i wonder what i would actually get if i bought that.

nevermind, the site looks like a joke.
Lol I was wondering that too so I tried adding stuff to my cart, but it never puts anything in there :(

·
Registered
730 Posts
:lmao

whistler tipps go woowooooooo.

i was going to post the video too lol but i figured someone would make the reference

:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts