Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me with a problem ? I have a 98 gt and about once a month or so when I take off and give it pretty much gas when i'm going through the gears it works great but then after I put it in 5th and start cruising it will start missing or surging if i drop down to 4th and rpms raise it stops missing usually last a couple minutes and then it's fine could this be something weird with the mass air sensor or the tps sensor?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
very well could just be spark plugs or wires, but it would most likely buck all the time, could be something messed up with the MAF or so, it could be messing with the air/fuel, but the easiest route out would be to check the plugs and wires, and take a trip to autozone and have them plug your car up(its free) and they can tell you if your car is throwing any codes, and that could easily tell you what the problem is

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
oh yea, welcome to MM, hope ya like it

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I had that experience with mine a while back and it was the plug wires. Do what Mustang RacR94 was saying and it should take care of finding out what the problem is. Also, could be the coil packs. They are all pretty easy fixes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys i took my car to autozone and it ran code 0251 he told me that was something to do with air fuel mixture problem but that he wasn't sure what it would be;any ideas??

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
By Googling I can't find anything for the code 0251. For an air/fuel problem though it could be the mass air flow sensor, an 02 sensor, and I would think it could be a plug wire issue. I am not sure what shows up with that code though. I'll keep serching though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts