Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems to be getting alot of buzz..they have the 2 Rupes 15 and 21. I am not interested in the 21 because I think thats just to much throw and it only uses 6.5" pads and being a 500w motor just equals a bad combo to me as it will bog down badly like the PC7424. the 15 seems to be nicer as it has a 15mm throw double the throw of the Griots and that supposed to be able to work the polish faster and get the section done in less time because the machine is working more area of the polish faster. it also has a 5" backing plate for 5.5" pads so that sounds more like a better combo. Either way i am still wondering how well it will work considering it only has a 500w motor and thats only 50w more then a PC and that thing will bog down with a little bit of pressure and anything not perfectly flat. BUT they say that it creates little to no vibration back in your hands. So is it worth $350
Rupes LHR15E Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher, 15mm Throw

·
Registered
479 Posts
I saw a comparison on it a while ago. The guy said it corrected better than any DA but not as good as a flex. I don't remember where I read that but I'll try to find the review.

I really don't look in to other polishers that much, my G110V2 does everything I need it too.

But yeah it's supposed to be the **** lol :dunno

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i read that review..he used the 21mm with the 7.5" pads and also he used different pads and polish on the Flex and Rupes and I think that doesnt really prove much. To get a true comparison both machines should have had the same pads, and polish to see what was better. I owned the Flex 3401 before and I personally didnt like it I enjoy my Griots more then the Flex i had

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/showthread.php?8172-Rupes-LHR-21E-Big-Foot-VS-Flex-XC-3401-VRG

the other big downside I dont believe there is any smaller backing plates for the Rupes. So I would HAVE to keep my griots even if I loved the Rupes for all my 3 and 4" pads for spot buffing

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like my GG polisher and all but the ergonomics suck cause its basically the housing of the original PC7424. The switch is on the side so its a PITA ass to turn on and off easily.I acutally fixed that. opened up my polisher and turned it so switch is on the top. and the fact the speed dial is on bottom of the back. be so much nicer if it was on top so you can just look down and see your speed and adjust it without having to remove it from the paint

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
I really like my GG polisher and all but the ergonomics suck cause its basically the housing of the original PC7424. The switch is on the side so its a PITA ass to turn on and off easily.I acutally fixed that. opened up my polisher and turned it so switch is on the top. and the fact the speed dial is on bottom of the back. be so much nicer if it was on top so you can just look down and see your speed and adjust it without having to remove it from the paint
all of your issues with the griots were addressed with the new version recently released.

I'd like to work with the rupes, however I have no interest in it. I also believe DD is carrying them.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the new GG is very appealing but I feel like I would be paying extra money for a dial movement. The performance will be the same. Thats why i was curious on the Rupes since it has double the throw and they say that helps cut down the amount of time you need to work the section to get the amount of correction. I will be honest I personally hate buffing out an entire car. I am impatient

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard he wrote an article I never looked for it.i knew he was happy with the unit. I am really interested in it but am I $350 interested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts