Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some guy told me theres speed shifters for auomatic if true can anyone tell me about it thanks

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
jagstang89 said:
some guy told me theres speed shifters for auomatic if true can anyone tell me about it thanks
Never heard of it. I have heard of j-mods, shift kits, tunes... not "speed shifters"

·
Registered
218 Posts
how do the shift kits work? is it just pulling the trans pan off and putting a new
stencil type sheet over the existing parts?
i have seen some kits at auto parts stores and info is always appreciated.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
hes talking about the shifters that work like

D
N
R

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i believethats what he wants

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Hourofpain said:
hes talking about the shifters that work like

D
N
R
why have a 4th gear and overdrive? they are the same gear in the 4r70w auto tranny of the mustang. but yeah, ive seen these before.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Yeah its actually a pretty good idea, and like AB was saying no point in having 4th gear. You can actually lock out 4th with it...

·
Registered
358 Posts
i'll check my catalog but there IS a shifter for the auto that has to be shifted like that, you push it forward to shift up, and push it down to downshift, it basically turns your auto into a manual without a clutch... i'll try and find it

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
SSStang said:
I would be guessing your talking about something like the b&m console hammer shifter?

I ahev ran that shifter before...It was a very very very f*cking nice shifter...I loved it...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
actually we had a topic about it a while back and no its not bad cause its meant for that plus your recommended to get a shift kit for the tranny

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
B&m makes em
the hammer shifter for us

1 - 20 of 22 Posts