Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairly certain I will be picking up a complete motor for my dad's 98 GT that has a whole SVO top end kit with PI cams. I don't know a whole lot about them, except that they have some pretty awesome flowing and are better than PI heads. Does anyone know if it bumps the compression up on a NPI block? Also, what kinda power would it be around? I'm also trying to figure out what kind of aftermarket N/A cam would go well with it. Any info would be great.

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
there are a couple guys running them in the 96-98 section. I know they are hard as hell to get a hold of so if you want to sell them hit me up haha. Not sure about numbers, probably help to know what else is done to the car. I dont think they bump compression though, and any cam designed for a NPI will work well with it, and some pi cams.

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are a couple guys running them in the 96-98 section. I know they are hard as hell to get a hold of so if you want to sell them hit me up haha. Not sure about numbers, probably help to know what else is done to the car. I dont think they bump compression though, and any cam designed for a NPI will work well with it, and some pi cams.
I guess I should have posted this in the 96-98 section lol, wasn't thinking. Yeah they are definitely hard to get a hold of, thats why I want the motor haha.

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Scott. I already know the flowing and whatnot, and actually saw those two links previously from google haha. I just want to see if anyone out there has a good cam setup for it. I want to see if we can get 300rwhp out of it.

P.S., can a mod move this to 96-98 section

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Lol what?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
The svo heads and intake is bad ass but i would put them on a piston with 11 cc dish for boost or a 3 cc dish for n/a. The 17cc dish of the pi sb would be really low compression which would do ok with a twin screw sc.

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The heads are on a NPI shortblock. The car isn't going to be raced, its a street driven daily. The stock NPI motor is tired and a turd so we want to get something with a a little more power in it.

@jgib4, that post was like 2 years ago lol

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
thank god now i can sleep at night haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts