Registered
3,214 Posts
You'll need some aftermarket shocks if you don't already have them

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i actually have qa1 adj. shocks. i thought i would need some kinda wrench to lock in and adjust???

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Unless I'm thinking about another kit I think they are hand spun instead of a spanner wrench like most kits.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
No problem. $100 would be worth it to me. Just make sure if you don't have cc plates keep it at about stock height or a small drop

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Make sure your CC plates are designed to support the load of the weight of the car. Not all are.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
i have no cc plates. why would i have to keep it at close to stock height with coil overs?
Because when you change the ride height, it changes all your alignment settings. Lowering from stock ride height will increase your static camber, reduce toe-in, and increase caster. The last one's actually a good thing, but you'll want to correct the first two unless you're a hardcore corner carver, which I'm assuming you're not.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my cars lowered bout 2" right now, lol. i realize it changes suspension geometry and stuff. but why with c/o's do i not wanna go lower is what i'm asking.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
my cars lowered bout 2" right now, lol. i realize it changes suspension geometry and stuff. but why with c/o's do i not wanna go lower is what i'm asking.
Well, if you're fine with your current alignment settings then you wouldn't need to change anything assuming you kept the same ride height.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aw ok, i thought you were saying with c/o's your not supposed to lower your ride height or something, lol. my bad.

yea i'm fine with the stiff ride. i've had it realigned, it does have a slight -camber as of now, but nothing i'm concerned with. i would like adjustable ride heights though, like with these c/o's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
aw ok, i thought you were saying with c/o's your not supposed to lower your ride height or something, lol. my bad.

yea i'm fine with the stiff ride. i've had it realigned, it does have a slight -camber as of now, but nothing i'm concerned with. i would like adjustable ride heights though, like with these c/o's.
Love your stang man. Got anymore pics of it?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts