Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going on a trip in a few weeks, and my cruise doesnt work.... it used to though, the covers for the buttons are missing on the on/off side but its just the covers the buttons are still there, and since it used to work, i dont think that is the problem.

ive tried putting my foot behind the clutch and pulling up but that didnt work. any suggestions?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
could be the switches, could be a fuse, or it could even be the cruise control its self that is inside the drivers side fender

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill check fuses tomorrow. didnt think about that. were is the fuse located.. engine or inside cabin?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
check them all. im not sure which one is for the cruise control. but if you do happen to need the module or switches, i have them for sale :)

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
80 shipped. less than 30k miles on the unit

·
Registered
188 Posts
im going on a trip in a few weeks, and my cruise doesnt work.... it used to though, the covers for the buttons are missing on the on/off side but its just the covers the buttons are still there, and since it used to work, i dont think that is the problem.

Your cruise control cable behind T/B might be loose

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you wouldnt happen to have a picture would yah?
it because this could make since, because its a new motor

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't have a pic sorry but if you pull you accelerator butterfly of your TB, the cable im talking about is next to your left pinky finger?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts

Fuses 17, 33, and 35 pertain to cruise control functions. I kinda doubt it's a fuse issue though, as a few other circuits would turn off with the fuse blowing. Have you installed any clutch adjustment components or LEDs in the car?

Probe the clock-spring harness with a multimeter and test the CC switch outputs. If it's a switch issue, I can send you a schematic on building your own control circuit for the cruise control system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts