Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wooooo Rustang
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been going back and forth on whether I want to do a 351 based stroker or stay 302 based and throw a supercharger on... I know the stroker will net more power, but Im also considering price. Has anyone had any experience or know anyone who has with these kits?

JDB Modifications, Fabricated Metal, Summerdale, AL 36580 - products

Thanks d00ds. I really like the look/sound of the whipple superchargers and I could do a very mild, budget minded build with some rebuilt gt40s etc etc with the supercharger. Pros/cons?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Unless your goal is to be a little different, i would go with a centrifugal supercharger.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
From what I have read its the power curve of the roots type. It seems to make lots of low end power which is great on a 4v cause it needs it. But on our cars we have plenty of low end we need help at the top end.

^Disclaimer^this is a super simple explanation and its only from memory of my previous research

·
Registered
269 Posts
From the similar M112 kits/builds I've seen hood clarence has always been an issue too. Dropped motor mounts, big cowl hoods, cutting open the hood for clarence, etc..., something to think about

They can make some decent power though

·
Wooooo Rustang
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the similar M112 kits/builds I've seen hood clarence has always been an issue too. Dropped motor mounts, big cowl hoods, cutting open the hood for clarence, etc..., something to think about

They can make some decent power though
I have seen this too, I do have a decent sized cowl on my car though:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Go Kenne Bell, at least with a KB you can upgrade to a bigger blower down the road. You get to keep stock hood clearance too.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The price youll end up paying trying to make that kit work. Fixing all the issues that your going to run into. Dealing with the fact that they get heat soaked and theres no option of running an after cooler. Just doesnt seem worth it to me. If you like the noise just get one of vortechs V1 SC.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
And everyone that tries them allways has issues its up to u, but I'd go kenne bell or centri

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well, I believe you could run water meth to address the heat soak issue if you're dead set on doing it, but that's another added cost. Be cheaper and easier to run a centrifugal kit like others said.

·
Wooooo Rustang
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Turns out it doesnt matter because apparently the guy making these went MIA about a year ago. Back to the 393 stroker!!! Haha

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Turns out it doesnt matter because apparently the guy making these went MIA about a year ago. Back to the 393 stroker!!! Haha
Those kits come up relatively often on corral. I know of a cat selling one set up for an intercooler in Yucca Valley actually.

Edit: never mind, just checked and its sold...

·
Wooooo Rustang
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been looking at some vids of kenne bell charged foxes, dont sound nearly as cool as the eatons :,(

·
Registered
756 Posts
Heres an old video of my car. I apologize for the terrible cameraman, lol. Keep in mind this is in a full weight convertible with every damned option= HEAVY AS HELL. Also running 315/35/17 Nitto 555r's.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Been looking at some vids of kenne bell charged foxes, dont sound nearly as cool as the eatons :,(
Mightyjoyoung and exarmy were doing this. There is a reason companies like Vortech, Kenne Bell, Pro Charger etc, have been around so long. Whine or whistle don’t try and reinvent the wheel. Just my .02$

·
Wooooo Rustang
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
92 Mustang 2.1 Kenne Bell intercooled - YouTube
Mightyjoyoung and exarmy were doing this. There is a reason companies like Vortech, Kenne Bell, Pro Charger etc, have been around so long. Whine or whistle don’t try and reinvent the wheel. Just my .02$
That looks and sounds bad ass but from what I gathered from the video that guy did all kinds of fab work to get his car the way it is...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts