Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this at Lowes tonight
Shop Kobalt 5-Gallon 5 HP Shop Vacuum at Lowes.com
Build quality is very very good. Feels really solid. it has wireless controls for the hose which is AWESOME. pretty good suction power..plenty for a car..and when you switch it to blow it pushes a decent amount of air..I didnt try the small diameter attachment to see how much stronger it is..But it would be pretty good at blowing off the car I think.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Good to know. Thanks. I will check it out.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice thing is it has a filter bag that attaches to the inlet inside the canister to filter the air for the blower. So it wont be blowing crap back out after you clean it out.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
holy shittttt, DOES WANTTTTT.

i just wish it wasnt a 100$.
:(

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol yea it was 99..i think it is a pretty good value for what it is. it doesnt feel cheap one bit..it feels better built then any shop vac I have ever used.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I might buy one just to see how it is. Keep it if it's better, return it if it's not.

This is what I have..

Shop Shop-Vac 5-Gallon 5.5 Peak HP Heavy-Duty Portable Wet/Dry Vacuum at Lowes.com

The rating is 4 stars but if you look at the reviews apparently a bunch of tards gave it low scores. People gave it one star because it doesn't have wheels?? It didn't come with a wand? WTF... How about reading the ****ing box or even looking at the picture???

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it might not be to much different..but I like that its wall mount..has wireless controls if you are stretched out away from the unit with the hose..can just turn it on at the handle and turn it off.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
They should come out with one that size but with a higher hp motor. I'd be all over it. They claim since it's two stage it has more suction than a traditional vacuum.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Does it have a duster attachment...basically a brushed tip you can put on it so that you can use it to vacuums your dash, vents, electronics, etc.? The video seem like its a cool little vacuum and if it has a filter to prevent you from blowing dust that you just picked up it would be a good deal to use to dry your ride after sheeting off water from a wash.

Wow just reached 3000 posts!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I just don't think it'd have enough power to blow the water off but who knows..
It says 160 cfm I wonder what that is to mph, wonder if there is a conversion? I hope the OP will let us know how it holds up on that.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you mount the bracket to the wall and it slips into that..then you can just pick it up and carry it around if you need to go mobile with it..yes it has a brush attachment on a wide sucker..like maybe 8" long and the brush comes off and can attach a squeegee attachment to suck up water on the floor. With the reducer attachment it blows ALOT of air..id say it blows just as hard as my blower I use for my car. yes it has a bag filter you put inside the canister to help control dust when using the blowing part.
That Craftsman one might be a litle more powerful..but its big and clunky..this has a 20foot hose that you dont have to pull the big canister close to the car and accidentally pull it into the car and scratch it.

When i get home tonight and while I am installing my lower control arms and panhard bar..I will try take some crappy vids of it in action to show what it can do. and all the stuff with it

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well it will be blowing water on my beater...Mustang is all clean and not getting it wet. Soooo it might not blow as easy as if it was on the mustang cause I dont wax my beater or really take care of its paint..LOL

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
im really thinking about this one.
after my recent three cars interiors i did, which, btw, were in the worst shape you could possibly imagine (like, anything that you could think of to be inside a car, and then times that by 20) and from sucking up change that i didnt even see, to random bits of just about everything, its on its way to shop vac heaven. :lmao

i just wonder if this one would be stronger, and hold up to more abuse.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts