My buddy wont stop bugging me to get the airride suspension kit
anyone lowered on airbags??
Anyone no anybody that is with an s197

from what ive heard its good, but then again i havent seen a s197 on it

really would appreciate any input guys

·
Registered
158 Posts
^^^ i was just going to post that lol. Was reading it last night, sick ride he has!

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's sharp right there!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Air suspension is awesome. But can cause some dents in the pocket to get it done right. Cool thing about air ride on a car is it is mostly bolt on. I wouldn't recommend it for a daily driver with a good amount of horsepower.

·
I Handle Meat Entirely Way Too Much
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^thanks
thats the info i needed
sticking to H&R supersports and tokicos

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
^thanks
thats the info i needed
sticking to H&R supersports and tokicos
Wait for snakeover to get in here. Worried will ride better handle better and look cooler. If you hav the coin then it is more than worth it

·
Registered
141 Posts
sorry I missed this one guys! Air Ride on an S197, I've been on RideTech stuff for about 5years now...
pros: you can get over any speedbump, driveway, debris in the road (up to about 7 inches tall) and run a taller wheel/tire combo while being able to get rid of the wheel gap that comes with that.
being able to adjust on the fly
being able to slam the car at shows or when you are parked
sex appeal LOL
possibly the only one in your town or area with it :)
adds interior componets like tank(s), compressor(s) a cool wireless remote
instant recognition
my list is endless bro...

cons: pockets will take a hit (I have no preconceived notions about your budget my friend)
some worry about "blowing a bag"..the likelyhood of this happening is roughly the same or less than getting a flat tire under normal conditions. Folks that blow bags are the ones that hop their cars and trucks. I assume you will not use the Mustang to hop but rather to have supreme adjustability that we all know and love.
you will get some folks saying stuff like " you put hydros on a Mustang...??" "that mod is stupid" " too much money and not enough brains " "how do you drive that thing with the bumper sitting on the ground" Stuff like that LOL. I've heard that stuff for years man. This is the result of folks not being educated on the benefits of air vs OEM vs lowered on coils or even coil-overs. Any other questions just PM me man.

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Damn you're in el paso Snake? I might have to stroll out and see the car one day, that thing is SO sexy.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You can see that one and his wifes Shelby. Both are amazing vehicles. And Snakeover could be one of the nicest guys you have ever met! I will put my reputuation on that!

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Wife is driving a shelby!? That's a good fam set of cars right there!
I will for sure have to make my way out sometime.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can see that one and his wifes Shelby. Both are amazing vehicles. And Snakeover could be one of the nicest guys you have ever met! I will put my reputuation on that!
Hey thanks D, you're not so bad yourself man. Can I have your 7 spokes now :D
Wife is driving a shelby!? That's a good fam set of cars right there!
I will for sure have to make my way out sometime.
Head on out anytime bro! As a matter fact we will be passing through your neck of the woods on our way to Tampa around mid June. I have a few customers out that way as well that we may stop in to see. What part of H-Town are you in?

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
when u adjust the air pressure in the bags, is that like changing the spring rate on a traditional spring/shock setup?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts