Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking about picking up a pair of these mufflers, i have an o/r H pipe and flowmaster 40s right now. can anyone compare the 2? i'm looking for a deeper more throaty sound...and if i'm not mistaken the 10s are louder correct? is the noise comparable with SLP I or II? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The 10 series will be louder, but may be too raspy and "metallic." I think they would probably give you what you're looking for if you had a catted h or x, but IMO it would probably bee too raspy with the o/r mid. Don't hold me to this as I am no expert, but just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That or the day before. This is almost becoming a daily occurrence.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I had Flowmaster 10 series, and they drove me crazy. The drone was horrible. And this is coming from someone who has Pro Dumps on his car now, and is happy with them.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I have them now with no complaints but i have hi flow cats on my x if I still had an o/r midpipe it may be a bit extreme. Love them though they replaced my 40s.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
I have never liked the noise that comes from anything that Flowmaster has ever produced. Drone blows

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
you guys should throw up vid of your exhaust i was looking at these also

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I dont have a vid of mine but i know it want be as loud as Rich11's bc he has an o/r x mine is catted. All I can say is it doesnt sound bad at all even if some are swaying towards dislike of flows. They are quite a bit louder than the 40 series. Its almost like a wide open str8 through muffler sound with a mix of the chambered/deep sound to it. Best of both worlds almost the loudness of the str8 through mufflers but a lil bit quieter and it doesnt have the clear loss of low end torque like some str8 through muffler bc its chambered its just a small chamber though but makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
hmm i would like to hear richs exhaust because i have a o/r x pipe... you can just barely see straight through them haha very little chamber lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
To get that true deep and throaty muscle car sound like the new mustang, camaro, and challenger have when they put an aftermarket exhaust on, there is no way around it you won't be able to get that without more power. Supercharger alone won't really get the deep throaty sound either, you need a built engine with 350-400 hp to get the rumble in it.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
To get that true deep and throaty muscle car sound like the new mustang, camaro, and challenger have when they put an aftermarket exhaust on, there is no way around it you won't be able to get that without more power. Supercharger alone won't really get the deep throaty sound either, you need a built engine with 350-400 hp to get the rumble in it.
I disagree, my old setup, Borlas with offroad H sounded very muscular and deep.

My new setup, with longtubes, offroad H and MAC ProDumps sounds more like a pushrod 5.0 Fox now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I disagree, my old setup, Borlas with offroad H sounded very muscular and deep.

My new setup, with longtubes, offroad H and MAC ProDumps sounds more like a pushrod 5.0 Fox now.
Well you will probably know what I am talking about, the true muscle sounds are really low and you can actually feel them. Since you drag race, you can probably hear when a car is going to be fast by listening to the engine. You know what I mean?

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts