Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is wrong forum... looked for like 5 minutes and decided this is best I could go with. I have the 2006 Mustang GT and I really REALLY want to do all the work myself to push the limit on the 4.6L to get max horsepower for my budget. It was suggested I just give in and do a trade in and refinance my loan with FMC. To my limited understanding it seems I could just give them my car for 16k or w/e and raise my loan up to 45k or w/e it is for the '11 GT500 right now and use that 16k for down payment and initial payements. Would I keep my same monthly payments, $420 and 0% interest or would they recheck my credit score and decide which interest/payments to go with? Anything extra you can tell me, awesome.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
So you are going to give ford 29 grand for 200hp?

I bet you can make your 06 GT a lot faster than a GT500 for 29 g's.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
What some people would do to hop into a spankin new car....when you trade in your car they are basically stealing it from you. To begin with you don't even own the car, you still paying it off to a bank. What I would do is keep your car and slowly do engine work & turn it into a beast, and YES your monthly payments will shoot up and if you make it through the end and pay off your car like I did :) then you will see all the interest you paid. You will feel like if they snatched a few thousand dollars off your bank account. BUT.....if you can afford the long road of monthly payments then go for it. Always think Long Run and see if it benefits you. Hope you get the car though because I can tell you really want it Post up pics :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol i don't want the GT500 as much as to work on my 4.6L GT but I would like to know my options :p haha 0% interest payments right now on my loan and it's paid off in a year so gonna be awesome to have that spending money next year for more mods. Thx for heads up on the refinance. I would kill them if I lost my 0% interest to refinance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts