Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer has an 06 GSX 600 with 22,000 miles for $5499. Thought maybe if I could get it under $5k it might be a good buy. I've never owned a bike but I think 22,000 is a little much. Is it worth driving an hour to look at? Thanks. Reps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
They are good bikes. I had a 2004 GSXR 600. Bike ran awesome. Had 19k miles on it and got 40mpg the whole 5k miles i put on it over the course of 8 months until it got totaled. A car plled out in front of me.

I paid $3500 for it private party in July 1st of 2013. I think $5500 is a little steep for a 600.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are good bikes. I had a 2004 GSXR 600. Bike ran awesome. Had 19k miles on it and got 40mpg the whole 5k miles i put on it over the course of 8 months until it got totaled. A car plled out in front of me.

I paid $3500 for it private party in July 1st of 2013. I think $5500 is a little steep for a 600.

Cool, I appreciate it. It is a bit steep but you know how dealers are haha. Maybe if he's got all the maintenance records I'll know it's history.

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
Buy it used. I just sold an 07 with 18,000 for $4,000. Bike was pretty much perfect. Dealers rape you on bikes look elsewhere.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
That is too much. Unless you have the extra cash and that is perfect color combo you want, I would keep looking.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
That is insanely high, especially for being in the middle of winter. To me, the only reason to buy from a dealer is if you have no other option but to finance or are buying a brand new bike.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I went and looked at it and they had to take me to the back because it's "waiting on parts". It was a real pos...someone rode it hard. And they had no maintenance records so I said I'll keep looking lol. I'll most likely end up getting a CBR500R. They have one for $4999 so maybe I can talk them down or I'll keep looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Way too high. Mileage is fine though. Bikes are like cars. Mileage doesn't matter if it's been taken care of. The problem is, bikes are typically abused a bit more than a car.

·
Gunna Go Fast!
1,355 Posts
Way too high. Mileage is fine though. Bikes are like cars. Mileage doesn't matter if it's been taken care of. The problem is, bikes are typically abused a bit more than a car.
This ^ I've seen some bikes that are well taken care of get well over 50k miles without any severe issues.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I'm looking at a 2011 Ninja 650r. I love it. It's orange which you don't see very often. It has 3,500 miles and the previous owner has bought multiple bikes at the dealership (different than the other place) they said he takes great care of his bikes. It's a one owner and this dealership has done all the services and they have all it's records. They're asking $4900.

·
Manthusiast
2,806 Posts
650R are great bikes. Smooth torque and forgiving vs a inline 6. Decent gas and comfortable. Not a bad price for a "11. Im thinking of a FZ6R when i get back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts