Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Live Hard Die Hard
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so can you give me a general idea of how they feel on takeoff and about what your cars top speed is with them. REPS will be awarded for answering my questions, for some reason I can’t find any information on them any where

·
04 Mustang
400 Posts
4.56 is overkill, i wouldnt go anything higher that 4.10

Reactions: Stop Mach1n Me

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Are you auto or 5 speed?

A friend of mine use to have a 5 speed Mach with 4.30s. That thing felt pretty quick for being pretty much stock. We hit about 135mph and it would of kept pulling.

IMO, 4.30s are the perfect gear for a Mach.

Reactions: Stop Mach1n Me

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I have a buddy with a 03 mach. 4.56s with big and littles (slicks) it ran 12.80-12.70' s driving the balls off of it. It was a 5 speed. I think it was in the 120ish in 4th top speed with them. Made the car feel prettty trqy.

·
Live Hard Die Hard
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input! it is my DD

My plans are to stay N/A and drive it till the motor blows then replace and repeat. I paid good money for it so its not going to sit in my garage and gather dust. I just dont feel I need to go boosted My car is fast enough to handle just about any car on the road. Not to count I want to one day give this car to my son so I think 300+ Hp is good enough.

If I wanted a monster I would build me a Nasty fox and run it. My future plans are a fox with a 460 stroked to a 552

Reps for all of you

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Remember this, Mach's love gears.

I, personally, wouldn't go higher than 4.30s. With 4.56's and your mods, you are gonna have a damn quick car.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
4.56s require a very good suspension and tires. If you have both it'll be fine. If you feel they are too much after installing them you can go with a 28" tire.

My auto Mach with only 285rwhp and 4.10s runs 12.80s and I know of many 4.30 geared, 300rw manuals that run low 12s.

·
Live Hard Die Hard
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4.56s require a very good suspension and tires. If you have both it'll be fine. If you feel they are too much after installing them you can go with a 28" tire.

My auto Mach with only 285rwhp and 4.10s runs 12.80s and I know of many 4.30 geared, 300rw manuals that run low 12s.
I have completely re done my entire suspension. My mod list as of now is BBK long tube header, BBK O/R x shorty, Flow master DELTA 40, C&L CIA, C&L MAF, Drift R rims, Nitto 555 18/35/305 R 18/45/245 F, Special forces tuner, CC plates, Tokico D adjustable shocks/struts, ported & polished intake (I cut open ported it myself, stock runner length), All new bushings front and back.

Next I want to get an aluminum driveshaft, 4.56 gears , Cobra intake cams, and maybe find another set of heads to get a port job done on them.Then go find myself a good tuner and get it all dialed in. I figure with this set up and my 5 speed I can get at least 325 HP

·
Live Hard Die Hard
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know what you are saying but I only live 5 minutes away from work. If I need to go any where beside work or the track we just take my wifes 40MPG toyota

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Gotcha, I'm about 10-15 minutes away from my work, I was surprised that going from a 3.73 to a 4.10 dropped me by about 4mpg

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
There is a guy on ls1tech with a mach1 and 4.56 gears. He loves it and post a good bit of kill vids also lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts