Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know if anyone on here is running a D1? I would like to know your set up and possibly your numbers.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I am. You responded to my thread....I'm running a 3.85 pulley, comp cams XE268H cams, longtubes, 2 core intercooler, I'm at 440/400 right now on 93. I hit about 11-12 pounds of boost at 6300 RPM. Other misc mods...SCTBA5000 MAF, 60lb injectors, 255lph, Vortech boost a pump, BBK 78MM, 4.10, yada yada yada.

Total timing is 14-15 degrees...11.5:1 AFR.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've got a D1SC that I'm almost done working the kinks out of.

Basic mods:
-3.4" pulley on stock crank pulley
-Gigantic 4" air-to-air intercooler
-Anderson powerpipe
-SCT BA5000
-60 pound SD injectors

Motor mods:
-Ported PI heads
-Stage II MHS NPI blower cams
-Bullitt intake
-Exhaust
-Built bottom end

I'm at least 90% done with it. Have had some fuel supply problems, but I actually think I've finally resolved all those. Only thing left to do is retune everything (I do my own tuning).

On the last few pulls I made on it, everything was gravy up to about 5500 rpm, where it was running out of fuel. Below 4000 rpm, it's a little laggy, which I guess is typical for centri blowers (I've had a PD blower on my car for the previous near-decade). But at 4000 rpm, holy smokes does everything start coming together. I guess the heads, cams, intake, and blower all start working together at about that point, because she flat GETS DOWN from there.

With this setup, I'm seeing nearly 15 psi at 5500 rpm when I have to back out of it. Even at 11.2 AFRs, 10 degrees of timing, and only turning to 5500 rpm, this setup puts my old Eaton setup to shame (which made an honest 420 rwhp and ran 11.5s @ ~120 mph). I can only imagine what it's gonna feel like once I throw a few more degrees timing at it, lean it out a tad, and actually turn it to 6500 rpm. I don't think it's going to have any issues running well into the 10s at 130+ mph. The mass air flow rate that I'm datalogging is suggesting somewhere between 550-600 rwhp.

The car is definitely a hoot to drive, but I'm still not convinced that the laser-flat torque curve of the Eaton setup wasn't more fun, even if it did make less power. Maybe I'll change my mind once I get everything completely dialed in and crank the tune up a bit.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my set up.
2000 Mustang GT
tr3650 swap.
Procharger D1sc
4' 6 rib pulley
3 core intercooler
Deatschwerks dw300 fuel pump
60lb inj
vmp 5000 MAF
Tial BOV
Accufab plenum/75 tb
Bassani catted x pipe
Magnaflow Magnapack cb
Ford 3.73 gears
295/40/18 rear nittos nt555g2
Exedy Clutch

377whp

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I will have track times later this year...

OP, do you have track times?

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

I've got a D1SC that I'm almost done working the kinks out of.

Basic mods:
-3.4" pulley on stock crank pulley
-Gigantic 4" air-to-air intercooler
-Anderson powerpipe
-SCT BA5000
-60 pound SD injectors

Motor mods:
-Ported PI heads
-Stage II MHS NPI blower cams
-Bullitt intake
-Exhaust
-Built bottom end

I'm at least 90% done with it. Have had some fuel supply problems, but I actually think I've finally resolved all those. Only thing left to do is retune everything (I do my own tuning).

On the last few pulls I made on it, everything was gravy up to about 5500 rpm, where it was running out of fuel. Below 4000 rpm, it's a little laggy, which I guess is typical for centri blowers (I've had a PD blower on my car for the previous near-decade). But at 4000 rpm, holy smokes does everything start coming together. I guess the heads, cams, intake, and blower all start working together at about that point, because she flat GETS DOWN from there.

With this setup, I'm seeing nearly 15 psi at 5500 rpm when I have to back out of it. Even at 11.2 AFRs, 10 degrees of timing, and only turning to 5500 rpm, this setup puts my old Eaton setup to shame (which made an honest 420 rwhp and ran 11.5s @ ~120 mph). I can only imagine what it's gonna feel like once I throw a few more degrees timing at it, lean it out a tad, and actually turn it to 6500 rpm. I don't think it's going to have any issues running well into the 10s at 130+ mph. The mass air flow rate that I'm datalogging is suggesting somewhere between 550-600 rwhp.

The car is definitely a hoot to drive, but I'm still not convinced that the laser-flat torque curve of the Eaton setup wasn't more fun, even if it did make less power. Maybe I'll change my mind once I get everything completely dialed in and crank the tune up a bit.
That will be a very fun car. Will you be running your meth kit as well? If not, do you want to sell it? :)

·
All **** All The Time
2,917 Posts
Here is my set up.
2000 Mustang GT
tr3650 swap.
Procharger D1sc
4' 6 rib pulley
3 core intercooler
Deatschwerks dw300 fuel pump
60lb inj
vmp 5000 MAF
Tial BOV
Accufab plenum/75 tb
Bassani catted x pipe
Magnaflow Magnapack cb
Ford 3.73 gears
295/40/18 rear nittos nt555g2
Exedy Clutch

377whp
How much boost are you running?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My set up made 377/377 @10psi.

I'm thinking of adding an Anderson power pipe, a bap, and a different pulley. I wonder if I would be able to break into the 400's. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts

I'm thinking of adding an Anderson power pipe, a bap, and a different pulley. I wonder if I would be able to break into the 400's. What do you guys think?
Are you sure you have a D1? Your numbers point more towards a P1.

Reactions: GBPackerFan

·
All **** All The Time
2,917 Posts

Just seems low for 10psi. I’m running a Vortech V3 about 6-7psi with a 3” intercooler and a powerpipe and mine made 367/387 on conservative tune. Only other mods I have are a midpipe and catback.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

As an FYI....my setup is on the stock Procharger Cold Air Intake...I'm thinking you do not have a D1 or something.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Not sure the difference between blowers but I have a V3 Si trim - 14psi with blower cams did 518rwhp.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Are you sure you have a D1? Your numbers point more towards a P1.
As an FYI....my setup is on the stock Procharger Cold Air Intake...I'm thinking you do not have a D1 or something.
He has a D1. He's running a 4" pulley. That's a pretty big pulley and he's still making 10 psi. In general a D1 will make 4 psi more than a P1 with the same pulley. Also in general for every 1/10" smaller pulley you will get 1 psi more. That is a general statement because the larger the pulley the less efficient the blower operates. I have a P1 with a 3.7" pulley making 9 psi. Add 4 subtract 3 and you get 10. Which is exactly what he said he was getting.

But for that to be true we would have to test our cars at the same place on the same day. Altitude and temperature affect air density. I have used this example a lot. At one time Matt02GT and I had almost identical set ups. I think the only physical difference was that he was running a power pipe and I wasn't but unlike Vortechs power pipes do not make that much difference on P1SCs. If I remember correctly he was running 3.4" pulley and making 9-10 psi. I was running a 3.7" pulley and making 9 psi. He was making 435 rwhp (SAE corrected) and I was making 383 rwhp (SAE corrected). What was the difference? He was at 5,000 feet. I'm at 700 ft. If we were to compare uncorrected numbers (we never did) I suspect we would have made around the same horsepower. If Matt every came down out of the mountains his boost would have jumped to around 13 psi and his actual horsepower would have been much closer to his correct horsepower.

Whether 377 rwhp is appropriate or not for 10 psi we would need to know it its actual or corrected numbers. For comparison it needs to be corrected and we need to know if its SAE of STD corrected. The results are different depending upon correction factor used. But, in general, 377 rwhp is low for 10 psi. It could be that you have a very conservative tune.

Reactions: GBPackerFan

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder what's going on with mine. And yes, procharger d1

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone on here good reading the dyno chart and have instagram? Message me @mustang_Eddie

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Not sure the difference between blowers but I have a V3 Si trim - 14psi with blower cams did 518rwhp.
Again, an example of something you cannot compare without more information. It is highly unlikely that the motor made 518 on boost alone. 14 psi on a mostly stock 4.6 usually results in around 430-435 rwhp. So is 518 a corrected number? What was the correction factor? Did it have cams? Was it running E85 fuel? All of that makes a difference.

I remember a post where a guy said he made 40 rwhp more installing long tubes which isn't possible. Upon further questioning we discovered it was on a 2004 Cobra and he did install long tubes but he also installed a smaller pulley on his supercharger.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Anyone on here good reading the dyno chart and have instagram? Message me @mustang_Eddie
Some dyno charts have the information you need and some don't. Some will just say SAE corrected. Some will print out the correction factor and other data. Here is my last dyno chart. It is STD corrected. At the bottom it gives the data and says the correction factor was 1.02. That means actual horsepower for the day was 388 (396/1.02). Because I know that my other dynos were SAE I asked what the SAE number was. He told me it was 383 rwhp. The difference between STD and SAE averages around 4%. SAE always reads lower. On this day, the difference was only 3.3% lower.

Please note: STD corrected the numbers upward. SAE corrected the numbers downward. They use different baselines and on this particular day the actual temperature, barometric pressure and humidity fell between the two. The 383 rwhp was very close to my previous dyno even though it was on a Mustang Dyno and not a Dynojet. Mustang Dynos only use SAE correction. Dynojets can use either one.

I don't have instagram but you could take a picture of it and post the URL here using IMGUR so that everyone can see it. I used to use Photobucket but they screwed everyone over.
https://imgur.com/

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Again, an example of something you cannot compare without more information. It is highly unlikely that the motor made 518 on boost alone. 14 psi on a mostly stock 4.6 usually results in around 430-435 rwhp. So is 518 a corrected number? What was the correction factor? Did it have cams? Was it running E85 fuel? All of that makes a difference.[/url]
Very good points. I believe the 518hp was corrected so at worst probably makes around 500rwhp. This is a 4.6 / stock heads with blower cams and a blower @14psi peak on pump 93. 10:1 compression

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hopefully this works. I do remember my tuner mention that i was running out of fuel. Can you tell from the graph?

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Hopefully this works. I do remember my tuner mention that i was running out of fuel. Can you tell from the graph?

Interesting seems odd to be running out of fuel with your setup. Its hard to tell from the graph since its seems to stay under the 12.0 range throughout redline. Although if you look at the red line which indicates almost 10psi you are going a bit lean at 6100-6200 rpm

1 - 20 of 67 Posts