Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im running stock headlights on my opal frost 96 for now. ive decided chrome/ultra clear looks best for the color of the car + i have trouble seeing at night as is. headlights ive already settled on. theyre going to be either the AM chrome ultra clears:
Chrome Mustang Headlights (94-98) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
or the ebay equivalent ultra clears without the amber dot in the corners. don't get me wrong i hate that stupid dot, but i dont really like the look of the clear corners either. so i stumbled on these:
1994-98 Mustang or Cobra Euro Clear Side Markers with Lines at Blue Oval Industries for your Ford Mustang @ Blue Oval Industries
and i was wondering if anyone has used them. i wish they came without the lines and fluting, but i guess thats to match the factory cobra lines. any input is greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I got mine from Ebay for $15 buxs kinda look like the ones in the first link.

See my sig...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. well, the ultra clear headlights themselves are almost as expensive as the whole kit itself. so maybe ill just order the whole thing off ebay and try the BOI sidemarkers later if i really cant stand the clear corners.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heres a couple pics of the BOI sidemarkers from a local cobra. hes still running the stock cobra headlights. i would have the same thing, just with the ultra clear headlights. i dont like the reflector-looking part around the outside of the cobra lights.

much better than that stupid dot reflector in the AM lights
not the best pics, i know. but here it is with ultra clear corners:

just looks much more clean and factory-like with the BOI corners.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i love that car... <333333 hahahaa

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Ehh, personally I think they look odd, but it's your car. I personally would go with the kind of lights dStuck has, his are pretty nice imo.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ehh, personally I think they look odd, but it's your car. I personally would go with the kind of lights dStuck has, his are pretty nice imo.
lol i dont like those either. the whole black housing/clear thing just doesnt look good imo. if i had a black car, hell yeah id go BOI tinted set no problem. but something about the silver paint just doesnt look right with smoked to me. especially with silver wheels. im probably going to end up with the ultra clear headlights (american muscle chrome) with the ultra clear corners (no reflector) see 95opal's car for reference.

that cobra up there is mighty sexy though, with a mod list to back it up. ported 03 cobra heads/mach 1 intake/big procharger (f1?)/long tubes/offroad x/dynomax bullets dumped (330cube would love that)/4.56 geared :eek: makes me scared.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i like em haha : )

·
Registered
663 Posts
Blue Oval Industries has quality products. Order with them (even though AM is very good to us here - that's just too much.) Everything I received from them has been top quality. With that out of the way (less money and a good product...)

I'd just order a headlight kit. None of the clear corners really match the stock headlights except for... the stock corners!!! Ahh.

If you get headlights watch them though. They'll start to leak and any water that hits the chrome will annihilate it. They're expensive and cheap. You might have to seal them yourself a little bit to stop this. I recommended Blue Oval Products but I have no experience with their headlights, only clear corners and fog lights. The fog lights are built as well as the stock ones. Keep in mind your fog lights will not match any headlights you purchase and you may be spending a little more to get the front end to all match. The hardest part about headlight shopping is finding that perfect style. There are so many out there and you definitely don't want to be disappointed when you open up that wonderful brown box from UPS and see that there are a million reflectors in your 'clear' corner. :(

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With 4.56 gears you'd EVENTUALLY catch him ;)
somebody was talking about this to me earlier. about how "yeah your car has gears but theyll still pass you eventually" yeah, at what? like 120? jesus my car hardly even sees the freeway.

and dont know if its related or anything, but also saw a rerun of pass time on speed where a ton of twin turbo 1000+ rwhp lambos and vipers were running like mid to high 12's ? rofl.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.