Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched high and low couldnt find much, just wondering if anyone had any opinions on this with their blow through setups. my intake manifold is very difficult to work within terms of piping i may have no other choice as of now.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I have never seen one ran on a vortech but I have seen it run on a few prochargers and a paxton before.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never seen one ran on a vortech but I have seen it run on a few prochargers and a paxton before.
anyone here on the forums? i figured the heat factor would deter most from doing this. cant imagine the effects would be drastic.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I ran a filter right off the blower, it didn't make a difference compared to a plastic vortech intake. Both flow like ****. That was on the dyno, I'm sure driving around with the good shut, it would be worse sense it'll be compressing hot air. I'll post dyno charts later when I'm home.

Can you buy a 90* silicone coupler, cut it so its shorter, then take a 45* aluminum pipe and stick a filter on? Or would it not clear?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I've see people post pictures of it. You will most likely have to run a catch can for or filters on your PCV valves. The driver's side should be connected to the cold air intake. I've seen small off-road PCV filters sold at Autozone.

·
Registered
972 Posts
A filter compared to no filters a big difference. I tested this at the track with the filter on I trapped at 125 with it off I trapped 130.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A filter compared to no filters a big difference. I tested this at the track with the filter on I trapped at 125 with it off I trapped 130.
im assuming you take it off just for track use? or do u drive it off track with some sort of mesh over the blower inlet to prevent any debris from getting in? would u recommend running just a straight filter for street use?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres a little pic of my dilemma, now mind you that there is still no room for power pipe or cold air tube even if i were to cut a hole or widen the area around the fender. and if i were to flip the current pipe off the throttle body i would interfere with the battery and coolant reservoir which i would like to avoid due to not wanting to spend money on a battery relocation or mini reservoir.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've see people post pictures of it. You will most likely have to run a catch can for or filters on your PCV valves. The driver's side should be connected to the cold air intake. I've seen small off-road PCV filters sold at Autozone.
i use mini filters for pcv ventilation, still trying to make room for a catch can of sorts.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Heres my dyno charts. This was same day, within 5 minutes of eachother. One with a plastic vortech intake, the other was a filter right off the vortech blower. 10psi @ 16* of timing

Later went back, same setup, just with a home made powerpipe (4" aluminum pipe)

394rwhp is no meth, 9.5psi, and 13* of timing. 415rwhp is meth, 11psi, and 17* of timing. Meth doesnt do anything on a dyno besides allow you to run more timing. But I only ran 1* more then I did when I made the 380rwhp.

So comparing the 394rwhp @ only 9.5 psi and only 13* of timing vs 379rwhp @ 10psi and 16* of timing, it makes a big difference. Thats 15rwhp gain with 0.5psi less boost, and 3* of timing less.

Stopped the run short because it got some spark blowout, looks like it would have made 400+ easily though.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
OP, why not re-clock the blower so the blower discharge is facing the passenger side fenderwell. Itll be the opposite, your hot side will be running along the passenger side, and cold side will be going up the driver side?

That would give you more room to run a powerpipe off the blower for sure.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Like this, pretend red is the intercooler piping, green is the powerpipe

Cut a hole big enough (4.25-4.5") inbetween the fenderwell and passenger side head, theres some flat piece of body there that people usually cut and run there intercooler piping through.

Run a 3.5"-4" 90* silicone coupler (youll need to trim it) off the blower, then a 4" aluminum pipe, either a 45* angle or a 90* angle.

Thats what I would do for sure

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Why not put a 90* elbow on and angle down - check the space beside the engine on mine - should be even more room with your piping going to the intake on yours

Still love my Eddy intake!

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
someone in here who was running a filter off of the headunit picked up like 20 hp when he switched to a power pipe set up.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OP, why not re-clock the blower so the blower discharge is facing the passenger side fenderwell. Itll be the opposite, your hot side will be running along the passenger side, and cold side will be going up the driver side?

That would give you more room to run a powerpipe off the blower for sure.
your absolutely right but if i did it that way id be interfering with the coolant reservoir and the battery, even if i removed the coolant reservoir i still wouldn't be able to come up through the bottom. id rather not relocate the battery and cut a hole where it sits.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
your absolutely right but if i did it that way id be interfering with the coolant reservoir and the battery, even if i removed the coolant reservoir i still wouldn't be able to come up through the bottom. id rather not relocate the battery and cut a hole where it sits.
But then your trunk could look like mine lol

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like this, pretend red is the intercooler piping, green is the powerpipe

Cut a hole big enough (4.25-4.5") inbetween the fenderwell and passenger side head, theres some flat piece of body there that people usually cut and run there intercooler piping through.

Run a 3.5"-4" 90* silicone coupler (youll need to trim it) off the blower, then a 4" aluminum pipe, either a 45* angle or a 90* angle.

Thats what I would do for sure
lol i love the play by play diagram, but like i said before your absolutely right but then id have to relocate the battery and get a smaller coolant resevoir, also if i came through the bottom id be interferring with the trans cooler lines and power steering lines.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heres what i mean

i would also be hitting the fan if the coolant reservoir is removed and the piping pointed downwards

1 - 20 of 29 Posts