Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to be putting nitrous on the car in a few months..i want to know if anyone is running a kit now and how u like it? where do u have it injecting to?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
NX kit on my 88 (carb kit), I use it infrequently.

NX plate kit on my 89 between the upper and lower. jets are a major PITA to swap (behind the intake), takes about 1 hour for jet changes. But the kit works awesome.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NX kit on my 88 (carb kit), I use it infrequently.

NX plate kit on my 89 between the upper and lower. jets are a major PITA to swap (behind the intake), takes about 1 hour for jet changes. But the kit works awesome.
is it ran dry? on your 89? if so what tells the computer to give the car more fuel? or is it in your tune?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
zex dry kit, autolite plugs # 24, set the timing to 10 degrees initial, yes run good gas cause you never know when you'll be spraying, upgrade to a 190 or 255 pump, put in the jets for the 125 shot ( you won't really notice anything less ) no you won't hurt your motor at all unless you don't follow the directions

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
dry kits work one of a few ways. Either the n2o is injected thru the maf to spike the sensors voltage, or a T is used after the solenoid and connected to the FPR to spike the fuel pressure.

Wet is better. it is safer, and more metered.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Both kits I have are wet. On my 89 the fuel solenoid taps into the shrader valve on the fuel rail.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
dry kits work one of a few ways. Either the n2o is injected thru the maf to spike the sensors voltage, or a T is used after the solenoid and connected to the FPR to spike the fuel pressure.

I beg to differ with this statement.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zex dry kit, autolite plugs # 24, set the timing to 10 degrees initial, yes run good gas cause you never know when you'll be spraying, upgrade to a 190 or 255 pump, put in the jets for the 125 shot ( you won't really notice anything less ) no you won't hurt your motor at all unless you don't follow the directions
well i already have 38lb injectors a 255lph fuel pump i have to run 91 (thats as high as we have here) and i am getting the car tuned tomorrow so they will be sttting the timing more accurately then what i did with my timing light.

ryan on the nitrous plate is their a rail for fuel and a rail for n20 or is it just one rail?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Actually for the GT40/cobra/explobra style lower there are 4 rails. Two for nitrous and two for fuel. 4 jets to change too. I actually might sell my kit. I'm not too sure it will be easy to tune with the procharger kit. I'll let you know if it is for sale.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I beg to differ with this statement.
Putting 1000 PSI to something that has a diaphragm that is meant for vacuum will not last long, and only a very good distribution of n2o in front of the maf will run optimally. I think a metered fuel jet set for a metered fuel pressure is more reliable.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Putting 1000 PSI to something that has a diaphragm that is meant for vacuum will not last long, and only a very good distribution of n2o in front of the maf will run optimally. I think a metered fuel jet set for a metered fuel pressure is more reliable.
Wont last long? What are you saying? I ran a dry setup on my last two mustangs with the systems spiking the fuel pressure, one in which i regularly sprayed for over a year, with no problems or broken parts. In the short months i had the '89, i probably dry sprayed that car 70 times, still.. with no problems. "Better" is pointless to argue with Nitrous Oxide and EFI/Mustangs. Some systems and designs work better than others, but both types of distribution have their ups and downs. User knowledge and common sense, along with a good foundation also plays a big part in how a system will operate. Wet or Dry, if done correctly, both are safe and work good.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I'm glad everything worked out for you. I still think a wet kit is more reliable. Your absolutly correct about the user knowledge and common sense, those are critical.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually for the GT40/cobra/explobra style lower there are 4 rails. Two for nitrous and two for fuel. 4 jets to change too. I actually might sell my kit. I'm not too sure it will be easy to tune with the procharger kit. I'll let you know if it is for sale.
cool let me know first..

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

+1 i can agree,.. proper amounts of gas and n02 are implemented this way

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Wont last long? What are you saying? I ran a dry setup on my last two mustangs with the systems spiking the fuel pressure, one in which i regularly sprayed for over a year, with no problems or broken parts. In the short months i had the '89, i probably dry sprayed that car 70 times, still.. with no problems. "Better" is pointless to argue with Nitrous Oxide and EFI/Mustangs. Some systems and designs work better than others, but both types of distribution have their ups and downs. User knowledge and common sense, along with a good foundation also plays a big part in how a system will operate. Wet or Dry, if done correctly, both are safe and work good.
but also .... a very good point

1 - 15 of 15 Posts