Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys from Bama called me today and said that they cant tune my car for the JET MAF sensor because they dont know enough about it and to switch it back to stock. Is anyone else running a Bama tune with JET MAF? I would just keep the JET MAF on if I had an A/F ratio gauge but I just blew all of my extra cash on the tuner :(

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
The guys from Bama called me today and said that they cant tune my car for the JET MAF sensor because they dont know enough about it and to switch it back to stock. Is anyone else running a Bama tune with JET MAF? I would just keep the JET MAF on if I had an A/F ratio gauge but I just blew all of my extra cash on the tuner :(
We write multiple thousands of tunes each month and this request was literally a first. We wouldn't write for that MAF because honestly, you're the first person I've ever seen writing it. Do you have any more modifications done to the car?

The reason I ask is because the stock MAF sensor electronics in a standard cold air intake system from C&L, JLT, etc. is good for over 350RWHP. The stock MAF electronics are actually used in most supercharger systems putting up to 500RWHP, just in a larger tube.

I don't mean to be the bad news bear, but the JET MAF isn't making you any power at all. It's literally doing nothing to improve the performance of the car. The only thing a MAF does is measure airflow in, it can't increase airflow until airflow becomes restricted by diameter.

Ditch the JET maf and go back to stock electronics!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the car with the JET MAF on it. I have full bolt ons and for some reason the guy I got it from put 24lb injectors on it so its running horribly rich. I think I have the stock MAF in a box somewhere and ill put it back on when my tuner comes in the mail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts