Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching a little more speed channel lately and keep seeing zmax products advertised and endorsed by carol shelby etc. Anyone have any additional info/experience with any of their stuff?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
All oils will soak into metal. Just about everything you touch has some kind of petroleum base in it. whether it be natural or manmade. When they produce iron from iron ore then burn the impurities off, and melt it down, and add whatever they need. Then they take those impurities and make **** with it.

I know this because my family owns a foundry. We bought it, and decommisioned it, and cleaned for the EPA, but during the decommisioning I learned how they casted cylinder heads. I actually learned how to cast my own intake. I have never a complete intake manifold, but I did a couple pieces for my truck, as well as some turbo pedestals for my truck. It' pretty cool ****.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Change your fluids regularly and you won't need it. Your brand new car should need it anyways. If you're over 1500miles, go to synthetic and don't look back!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just snake oil.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Full synthetic, the rest is pathetic. Save your hard earned cash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts