Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone out there used it. Was curious to see what kind of cut it has and how it finishes. I have v38 and really like it but it doesnt have a ton of cut was thinking maybe v36 would be good to have on hand for a 1 stepper or something. maybe if someone has some they would wanna trade like 3oz or so of it for same amount of my v38

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Curious if anyone out there used it. Was curious to see what kind of cut it has and how it finishes. I have v38 and really like it but it doesnt have a ton of cut was thinking maybe v36 would be good to have on hand for a 1 stepper or something. maybe if someone has some they would wanna trade like 3oz or so of it for same amount of my v38
I own and have used V34, V36 and V38. Its been a while since ive messed with them, i think maybe tomorrow i may test them out on the corolla which is swirled to hell, ill keep you updated. I would say if youre gonna buy another V polish, to get 34, it finishes like a polish and you could probably skip straight to 38 to finish.

Let me test it out for you tomorrow on my daily Vader, ill post alot of pics and such.

its supposed to cut similar to 205, finish great also like 205, I've never seen a good comparison of the two though
In my short experience with the V series, v34 seemed to be more of a heavy polish than a compound and v36 is probably on the lighter side of 205, i think the pad you choose does affect results greatly. I think thats why they came out with v32.

I actually own 34, 36, and 38, i could do a comparison on the corolla tomorrow for you guys i think....I havent messed with those polishes in a while, i should check how v34 would do before i buy Fixer lol.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man if I woulda known you had that i woulda traded you the sample of glasur for that instead of petes

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
man if I woulda known you had that i woulda traded you the sample of glasur for that instead of petes
I figured you knew ive talked about it before. No worries man petes wont let you down youll be happy with it. I actually think it will rival Glasur in the fight against dust. I know they are 2 different price points but i cant wait to do my wax test between Fuzion, Glasur, Petes and XXX. 20, 40, 100, 175 bucks, all price points covered.

Ive been meaning to trade the V line off but now that my mach 1s defects are so minor i may use them as my correction polishes. But i still have to finish with 85RD. Never hurts to have a few different polishes around.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anything I have you wanna trade for some 34 and 36..I can give you a good amount of D151 for one of them and then something else for the other like 3oz of undiluted Ultima WW+ that makes 1 gallon of QD

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
anything I have you wanna trade for some 34 and 36..I can give you a good amount of D151 for one of them and then something else for the other like 3oz of undiluted Ultima WW+ that makes 1 gallon of QD
We will talk, im gonna go scout your inventory and see what looks appealing....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts