Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have the gear ratio I would like 3.90 but I am hesitant to go with anyone other than FRPP I have heard of issues with other companines and noise. The Pro 5.0 gears sound like a good product but have any of you guys had them?

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
I just got them in on Wednesday. I really like them, the car really woke up with these, but there is alot of gear whine.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
mustang fanatic has them, and they whine.

Pro 5.0 gears are Motive. I would just go with FRPP 4.10s or 3.73s.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I had the Pro50 gears 3:90's in my car but a bad install Just switched them out with Strange 3:90's.
If the first install would have been better I would have kept the Pro50 gears.

One thing the mechanic told me is that the Pro50 3:90's are drag racing gears so that may explain some of the noise you hear on the street.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
working good so far, I went to a different shop this time. They are all some ford people over there.
They said the pinion angle was way off so that contributed to my problem with the first set of gears.
The only reason I didn't go back with the pro50 gears was because I would have to wait for 1 more month between ordering them and work. So I was able to get the strange gears and have them installed quicker.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Ok cool. I really like them I cant wait to get everything settled with my car and get it out on the street!! Im dying

1 - 9 of 9 Posts