Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exhaust set-up are you running and does it sound throaty and mean for a v6? Cause i thought about single exhaust but i think i would like to go duals since it is a mustang and not a civic. So if you would like to give me your opinion on what exhaust you like and price range i would apreciate it alot.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
definantly go dual. I have the flow master american thunder series and that seems to be the favorite among the s197's. I would look into borla as well

·
Registered
106 Posts
i have a magnaflow cat back system on mine.. theres only about 3 inches of single pipe. i think my car sounds great and i get compliments all the time about it. many think its a v8 rumbling by until you get into a lot higher rpms

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a magnaflow cat back system on mine.. theres only about 3 inches of single pipe. i think my car sounds great and i get compliments all the time about it. many think its a v8 rumbling by until you get into a lot higher rpms
do you have a sound clip or video you could put on here

·
Registered
277 Posts
Whatever you do get DUAL!!! it's sounds better and looks wayyyy better. i got pypes and im happy with them. Plus they are not much money.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Did you get part number 16605, with the Magnapacks & cat back?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Item #: 48022
Manufacturer Info: Magnaflow 16605
$544.99
@ American Muscle

thats the one that i have and i think it sounds great.. theres only about 5 inches of single pipe between the y-pipe and cat back split

·
Registered
106 Posts
sorry to double post.. but i've heard from a couple ppl changing this setup to a h-pipe actually harms the sound quality

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Item #: 48022
Manufacturer Info: Magnaflow 16605
$544.99
@ American Muscle

thats the one that i have and i think it sounds great.. theres only about 5 inches of single pipe between the y-pipe and cat back split
i went on there and found your set up listed above and they had a video for and it sounds good. thanks for your help. i like that system.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
sorry to double post.. but i've heard from a couple ppl changing this setup to a h-pipe actually harms the sound quality
O really? It hurts the sound? I got this setup, but I got it elsewhere, but I was planning on having a shop cut the y and turn it into an H.

But this setup with an H sounds bad?

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
Flowmaster American Thunder's
Custom H

loud,throaty,muscle..

my old v6 video is in there.. i wasnt the first to get this setup but i have led many people to it... you really cant go wrong with it.. 4" tips. black muffler.. sleak look. i also cut my bumper and it looked pretty good to me!

[ame=http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/YounginX/?action=view&current=MOV00603.flv]
[/ame]

i miss my v6 now :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts