1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
144 Posts
i like my solid axle swap. the car still handles great, and it doesnt ride much different. its all in the components you use. i went with steeda steel ($$ reasons) upper and lower control arms, and steeda sport springs with cheap ($18 ea) monroe rear shocks.<----will upgrade someday. even with the solid axle i like the way it handles better than the irs. my oppinion though

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People say how bad it handles or how bad it feels after the swap, but it cant feel any different form a GT and I dont hear all the GT owners bitching about their ride. Im still torn on wether or not I wanna do it. I wanna drag it every other weekend or so and my long range plans call for big horsepower. This is, I cant get gears or a cat-back untill Imake up my mind on what to do. Its killing me!

·
Registered
59 Posts
DO IT its much easier than most ppl think and well worth it if your hitting the track every other weekend. at the track the axle snapping on 4500 RPM launches is the last thing on my mind. when i had a irs i was hopping all the way through first and into second then BOOM, sure i should of got out of it and saved the axle but now i dont even think about. and we all know at the starting line you have enough to think about you dont wanna be thinking about snapping the halfshaft or feathering the clutch just to save a halfshaft. just my opinion i love my solid works really well for me. but to each his/her own.

·
Registered
144 Posts
+1
i would do it, it will be cheaper in the long run....you will be happy as long as you try to buy the cheapest parts possible....i can get in mine and drive it 6 or 7 hrs down the highway and not think anything about it, and the ride doesnt beat you up. the swap is real easy..if i had my choice to do something like this or put in a clutch...i would do this...if you had a hoist you could do it in about 5 hrs or so,

·
Registered
166 Posts
i need to know what are the parts that i need to do the swap my friend selling me his sra

·
Registered
110 Posts
SInce I did my IRS swap, I feel my car handles better. rides better. I dont snap shafts anymore. and the rear end dosent seem to follow the uneven road groves like the irs rear did.

·
Registered
119 Posts
someone needs to make a irs strength kit. they are a terrible design to begin with. yes they can ride better but not strength. straights tend to jump around in the back a little more but there is much more strength

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to go from SRA to IRS

I have a 2001 GT and want to prep it for the Track.

Looking to go from the SRA to an IRS, does that sound normal? Haven't been able to find anything on the web about going in that direction

1 - 13 of 13 Posts