Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running on my 93 bama race tune and no other mods I only picked up 2 mph trapping at 112 vs 110 stock. I see a lot of guys with tune and intake trapping at 115, guess I'm just surprised cai is worth that much. But on a better note 2 passes and both 12.3. Gonna make a couple more and see if I can get it down a little lower

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have 3.31 gears...forgot about that, that could be it right there

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you need to be carefull when trying to compare mph, mods count for some, but auto vs manual is key.

generally auto cars far out mph stick cars especially whit a good tune.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True. Either way it's running good. I'm gonna try a couple more passes once they get the track cleaned off.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
True. Either way it's running good. I'm gonna try a couple more passes once they get the track cleaned off.
+1^

what are the et's looking like?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best was a 12.34 at 113. Need to install those control arms, still wheel hopping pretty bad. Only made a few passes, never really found the sweet spot with those et streets. Hooked then bogged. But a definite improvement for sure. What's a good site to use to post pics on here?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Best was a 12.34 at 113. Need to install those control arms, still wheel hopping pretty bad. Only made a few passes, never really found the sweet spot with those et streets. Hooked then bogged. But a definite improvement for sure. What's a good site to use to post pics on here?
what gears & tires again? also what rpm launch?

as to the pics, I find photobucket the easiest to use.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3.31 gears with 26x11.50x17 ET streets. i was launching between 4k and 5k. 5k it spun then wheel hopped, 4200 and 4500 seemed to bite hard but would bog down and then pick back up. i just needed some more passes to find the right spot cause i know i can cut better than a 1.8 60 foot. I am going to put the new control arms on and go back out in a couple weeks on a saturday when i can spend a little more time out there to get some good practice in

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
3.31 gears with 26x11.50x17 ET streets. i was launching between 4k and 5k. 5k it spun then wheel hopped, 4200 and 4500 seemed to bite hard but would bog down and then pick back up. i just needed some more passes to find the right spot cause i know i can cut better than a 1.8 60 foot. I am going to put the new control arms on and go back out in a couple weeks on a saturday when i can spend a little more time out there to get some good practice in
did you get relocation brackets as well?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
worst 60ft of the night but i shifted higher in the rpms and got this as my best run

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
good runs, I think you'll be much happier though once you get the control arms & brackets on.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^I agree. cant wait to get those 60ft times down a bit and get closer to a 12.0

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
My Bama tune bogged like you're talking about off of the line. Ended up being way rich... I switched to AED for other reasons but dropped .3 and gained 2 MPH just switching. Mike from Bama did send me a revised tune but I haven't ran it yet... Might want to have your tune looked at because a buddy of mines Bama tune was way rich just like mine was.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea I am going to contact them tomorrow if they are there and ask a few questions. I have noticed a few times just driving around where it feels sluggish off the line. a couple times from a stop it felt like it was going to stall like i was in third gear when i wasnt. i am sure they will take care of it, every one of there reviews speaks about there great customer service.

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Same, terrible off the line. Going to just get a dyno tune after winter is over. Get this car finally running like it should. No more e-mail tunes.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am going to datalog the car tomorrow and have them look at it. I am confident they will be able to make any changes needed to get it right. For the mods i have and plan in the near future there tunes should be fine. if i ever add a blower or nitrous i will get a dyno tune

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
Make sure you talk to mike wilson. All.the other people gave me the run around and wouldn't look at my logs. One of the reasons I switched to aed... But have since talked to mike and he did send me a new tune. I need to swap it just to see how it runs... I dont see a need to dyno tune because in reality, on the road tuning is best with data logs because your car is loaded properly and its more "real world" than a dyno.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts