Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive tried searching but havent really found an answer.

i was wondering for those of you who have mac longtubes, was there any problems with install/ fitment issues? or any other issues.

im looking at this combo from stage 3

2005-09 Mustang GT MAC Long Tube Headers & ProChamber Kit

would the chrome headers be a bad choice with chrome flaking off or anything of that sort? doesnt look like they have a choice for ceramic coated headers.

well thanks for reading! sorry it was kind of long :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I didn't have any issues with the Mac's long tubes at all, I was expecting to have to ding the driverside to clear the stearing shaft. But I didn't have too..

I have to chop some hanger brackets off my Mac's prochamber though.

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
The Mac exhaust has been on my car for over 2 years. It fit perfect, no leaks, and still looks new.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
The only problem I had was when I lowered my motor back down, I lowered it a little offset to the passenger side and had clearance issues with the frame. After centering the motor, I had no issues. I got the chrome headers also. No flaking, but they will turn yellow/purple/goldish. Not a big deal though.

You'll love them and stage3 has the best price. Just call first to make sure they're not on backorder (they probably are).

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
The only problem I had was when I lowered my motor back down, I lowered it a little offset to the passenger side and had clearance issues with the frame. After centering the motor, I had no issues. I got the chrome headers also. No flaking, but they will turn yellow/purple/goldish. Not a big deal though.

You'll love them and stage3 has the best price. Just call first to make sure they're not on backorder (they probably are).
YES! Please do this. Most everyone drop ships the headers from Mac's, so make sure you call and make sure you get some type of conformation that they are in stock. I ended up waiting almost 2 months for Mac's to make my headers.. I even tried calling every speed shop I could find to see if they stock them. I think the only place I found that had them in stock was in Florida, and they where just the chrome ones.

I ordered my headers from Brenspeed, and everytime I would call and ask where they where, they would call Mac's and tell them, 2 weeks.. Then 2 weeks later Id call, and go through the same thing over again. It took about 2 months..

My only suggestion is that when you get the headers, take a flat file to the flange that mates with the head.. I had a few spots on mine that had weld build ups..

The quality of the headers was, ok.. I wasn't blown away buy there quality, but at the same time, they are not high end headers. Over all for the price I paid, and for what I got, I was satisfied.. Plus Im rather critcal of products and there quality..

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if you want a good product for a great price get macs. if you want a great product for a high price get kooks or arh

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help guys! ill make sure they have em in before i order.

bob, i would love to get some kooks haha but i just cant justify it while working on getting a bike. i would also like to hear how that prochamber will sound and figured the fitment will be spot on :) thanks though!

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
if you want a good product for a great price get macs. if you want a great product for a high price get kooks or arh
^This.

My only issue is due to mods conflicting with mods...My Steeda front control arm relocation kit does not play well with the Macs so I had to grind some clearance on my A-arms, but the Macs themselves fit fine.

I did have to relocate the passenger side exhaust hanger on my prochamber but the headers fit fine.

Mine are ceramic coated. I got them used. The ceramic job isn't the best and is thin in some places, but it works, and I am very happy with them overall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts