Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Gt My T-45 transmission is stuck in reverse i pulled out the garage and it wouldnt shift into neutral its stuck in the driveway. People are telling me it needs rebuilt but its gonna run $500 just to open up the tranny thats too much anyone have any suggestions for me im pretty mechanical i built an 89 5.0 to cobra specs with a t-5 swap so i know my way around the mustang. But i have never run into an issue like this what should i do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If this helps- The car has 53k miles on it the clutch was replaced at 52k I thought the shifter was going bad which it was toast so I replaced it with a B&M one drove the car twice and the tranny is now stuck and wont come out at all even with force. Anyone ever heard of this happening before?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone also told me there are plates that need to be adjusted he claimed its not too hard just need to unscrew the reverse pin and lift the cover and re-adjust it. It shifted into every gear and went into reverse and drives in reverse just fine just wont return to neutral. What do u mean by sheared a pin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually im in Austintown but same zip code u from the area im lookin for a shop that works on manual trannys in our area and know one does except automatics and heavy duty truck trannys. You have the T-45 too?

·
Registered
753 Posts
im south of canton ,here anything about ohio drag city opening back up.I use to race over there years ago..massillon tranmisson is only place i know works on t-45

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Havent heard of it opening back up, i know they are re doing a circle track near Orangeville PA on the state border. my uncle is running gas line across the street from it he said they were going all out with new stands lights and all but I dunno know about drag strips reopening thou. I'll give Massillion Tranny a call on Monday then maybe they can shine some light on my problem cuz im nice to that car its got 53k miles on it i shouldnt need to rebuild the damn thing yet.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The pin can shear whether you are nice to it or not. Sweet2k had the same thing happen to him. He put it in reverse to back out of a parking spot and it never left reverse again. And we put some serious pressure on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts