Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a few dollars left, was wondering what i should spend it on, got about 2 options:

1. pistons, rods & kenne bell bap, for a 450 whp setup

2. svt cobra bumper, hood & some new shocks & struts

thanks guys

·
Registered
349 Posts
I say #1- but it looks more expensive than the bumper...

Beat the Cobra before you look like a Cobra...

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Option 1. Better to keep your car running than to have a sharp looking paper weight

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
You're already supercharged, so unless the car is dog slow get some nice suspension upgrades! Shocks, Struts, rear suspensions stuff (panhard bar, sub-frames, lower control arms)

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
I say go for the internals first, they're more likely to fail before the suspension at your unknown power levels.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
what are your plans for the rods/pistons?

IMHO to make it worth going into the block to upgrade it your better off to put bearings, ARP hardware, oil pump, ect. Then you needs the gaskets and such.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i havn't started researching yet, wanted to get some low compression pistons & rods. actually going to call cushmanmotorsports and ask which would be best for my setup. when i go into the motor i'll be doing all the small necessary upgrades you mentioned scott and upping the boost to 12-14 psi

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this is sort of what i was thinking :
Manley Forged P/R Kit - 11cc $1,469.00
Kit comes with Manley 14042-8 forged rods, FM 8-7250CH high performance rod bearings, Manley forged 11cc pistons and matching Manley ringset. Pistons available in bore sizes of STD, +.020, +.030., and the cms stage 2 blower cams, since the trickflow's didn't work

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i would say option 1 but then again i'd blow the engine up before rebuilding it...unless your just gonna keep the rods/pistons in storage till it blows :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts