Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the bolt-ons listed below, with the exception of long tube headers, are there any bolt ons you guys can think of that I have missed that give HP? I know I could upgrade coil packs but I'm not going to do that. If LTs are all I have left then I'll do the LTs, 4.10s, and CAs and most likely call it quits after that.

I'm also curious about suspension mods but unless there is a huge difference like CAs I'm probably not going to buy them. Throw up your ideas and why you think I should get them. Keep in mind this is a DD and I'm not using the giggle gas.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I think LT's are next man. Thats where I am at. gears,LT's Prochamber,k-member,control arms, are my next mods.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Yeah, man we are in the same boat. LT's and a pro chamber, are coming shortly for me. I'm waiting on my intake right now because I'm in a second project with my father, so I'm tied up.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I thought of an MAF, probably 85mm, after I went to bed last night. I won't replace the clutch/flywheel until I have to. I just can't justify the cost of it until I have to do it (labor that is). Cams are too much with install and I don't know if the car will be N/A in the future or FI. So until I know that answer I won't put a cam in that is built for one and then I end up putting in the other.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The C&L MAF has seen a few HP increase with just it being put on by itself.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I have HPM Megabyte Control Arms (U & L) I love them my car hooks pretty good for having stock tires. I also, have MM full length frame ties, MM Panhrd Bar, Eibach Sway Bars, H&R Springs, MM C/C Plates, MM Torque Link. Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Bilstein Struts/ Shocks, Urethane bushings front and rear. It handles like a wet dream.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you're all over the place???

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Same here, I'm saving up for cams, heads, and then I'll have Doc and Sweet2k do my intake. Then possibly throw on some Spray, or go FI. we'll see I have an LS1 that I'm going to concentrate on for now.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do subframe connectors require welding?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
if you want them to work right they do.

I would do Sub Frame connectors and control arms.
you WILL feel the difference.
it's fun to actually get the power to the ground :)

·
Banned
848 Posts
Do subframe connectors require welding?
Funny thing is i've mentioned this in several posts that i eventually had to delete due to it being ignored or bypassed.;)

·
Banned
848 Posts
You can get bolt ins or weld ins, I personally like weld ins.
Get them welded by someone who has experience doing similar/same kind of work. You don't want a crappy weld job now do you?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
:withhomo That is why I don't weld on my own car! My welds stick, but they aren't pretty.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Sorry man, don't remember seeing them, or I would've answered them.

Its perfectly fine. I gave Machboy my opinion and stated that suspension mods should be looked into if he plans on getting that power to the pavement. It was either overlooked as baloney or missed.:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts