Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After putting my Shaker 500 back in to the car, with the problem with my fuses, the damn thing kept turning off then on then off then on, etc. After about 2 weeks of this I snapped and punched the head unit after it did it to me 3 times each when it's about to finally play the cd it shut back off, during a 2 hour trip both ways with a friend.

....Bright side is it now works flawlessly without any problems at all, and has been working perfectly since then.

Downside is I cracked just the hard plastic piece that tints the actual lcd screen of the radio.

It stays on the radio just fine, but it's cracked and makes it look much worse.

I put a yellow square in the photo of what I'm talking about.

Again, I didn't crack the lcd, I know that would just be not possible to fix, but I'm talking about the hard plastic cover that goes over that to protect it.

Another question I've got is about any possible Center console deletes?
Everytime I've taken out my center console to get to the radio, I've really liked how the car looks without it there. Yea there's nowhere to rest your arm other than on the handbrake, but shifting feels so much better instead of having to shift it while the console is there.

The carpet already looks good right there and everything without the console, but are there any kits that will keep the side panels to the radio on(near the drivers right knee, and the passengers left knee)? And maybe cover up the base of the shifter? Those are the only two things that bother me about how it looks. Please let me know if there is one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........................k

Small bump and question then.

I know a lot of people hate shakers cause they start eating discs or just generally crap out.

Any of those guys that have a faulty shaker wanna sell me the screen for a few bucks? Comes off pretty easy, just held on with a little strip, can be pulled off by just pulling the screen out from an edge with a flathead without damaging anything else.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The screen can't be bought separately so the best thing to do would be to just buy a used Shaker500 off of someone or like you said find someone willing to do that. As far as the center console delete, there is no one that makes anything like that.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Time to put your custom skills to work and build a delete..

While your fabbing that up, maybe get some anger management classes so you stop cracking radio plates and such over something so petty?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Time to put your custom skills to work and build a delete..

Maybe get some anger management classes so you stop cracking radio plates and such over something so petty?
+1000000000000:eek::wtf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts