Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my aod is going to ****. it wont **** right at all. i want to stay auto but dont know what to do. i have a lot of shops that will rebuild it and beef it up but schould i just get a c4 or c6?? help and ideas would be great.. and it is a daily driver but will need to handle about 400- 480 hp

·
Registered
569 Posts
c4

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
if you like having the overdrive build the AOD....if you dont care about milage then just go C4

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats better about the c4 the fact that it is a street car and its a 3 speed wont that cause it to rev high i have 4.10 gears and it revs high on the highway allready

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
when trans problems everybody referred me to Performance Automatics.

Super Streeter Transmissions
The Super Streeter handles engines up to 450 horsepower on C4 and AOD, as well as up to 550 horsepower on AODE models. It features extreme-duty clutches and bands, vastly-improved lubrication circuits to reduce heat and wear, and better thrust capabilities with firmer, crisper shifts. Installation instructions included.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i thot you can get 4 speed c4s

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok Im lost. Im not the guru here but are we still discussing the same trans? AOD is a C4?? like I said I'm not a guru at this. I bought a 91 AOD trans to install in my 92 to replace my AOD is there a big difference? God I hope not!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the aod is a 4 speed auto a c4 is the older style 3 speed auto.....ur aod swap is the same trans and there is no diff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts