Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the damn transmission is pretty much new. It was rebuilt in 08, but has rarely been driven since the rebuilt. It had also had performance parts installed. The transmission drove absolutely fine since I have had it until about noon today. I drove home from work (~8-9 miles) car drove fine all the way there...most of it highway and stop n go with lights. Well when I was going to leave my house I attempted to start my car and the fan turned on like normal (since it's wired to be running all the time when the engine is running) and when I tried to start it just makes a click and the fan turns off. No spark or turn over...nothing. Well I open the door and the alarm goes off. It turns off when I close the door??? Wierd. Anywho, I unplug and reconnect the negative terminal and the alarm goes off like usual and I turn it off with the key fob. When I try to start it up it started right up and I allowed it to sit there for a while to kind of warm up since it was about 55* outside and if I didn't it would stick in first and shift once the needle hits the 130*. When I put it in reverse it rolled back and died. Started it back up and put her in drive and went along. Drove almost back to work when the worst starts to happen. I get to stop sign about 1/2 mile from work and I stop like usual. I attempted to go forward and the revved and very very slowly crept forward, then finally caught and went forward, but stayed in first for another maybe 25 yards or so then went into second and into third (I think..I came to another stop sign). When leaving another stop sign to go again it does the samething except never left first and did the whole creeping forward thing when revving. Pissed off like I was I said screw it and parked it immediately in a church parking lot. I turned it off for a couple minutes then restarted it. I noticed when I put it in reverse and it would roll back fine, but when I put into Drive it would slowly and very softly engage drive. So I turned it back off and left it. I checked EVERYTHING! without opening the tranny pan. I smelt nothing of burnt clutch nor was I low on fluid. I had the tranny serviced about a month ago when I first got it. Had it checked out and everything was fine. I did notice a whining noise, but I thought it was coming from behind the dash. I let it sit for about 4-5 hours and got picked up to go back to work. I went back to it after work and it started back up and put it in reverse...worked perfect. Put it into Drive....again worked perfect. Attempted to drive forward....also worked perfect...except it would stay in first and I could still hear a whining noise. Again it wasn't warmed up that much but at a point where it would normal shift into second, but nothing. When the problem first came up the engine was warm (about 180-190*). I dunno what is going on! This isn't my first tranny I've gone through either...well with this car it is, but my chevy truck no until I beefed it up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts