Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to manually set shift points without a special tuner? I got a shift kit and it helps with the firmness and speed between shifts. When I get on it though, it doesn't want to shift until about 5500-6krpm at WOT. I have to let off the throttle a bit for it to shift sooner which slows my acceleration.

I hit a wall right at 5k. I would love if I could dial back the shift points to around there :).

·
Registered
89 Posts
i checked high and low when mine was bounching off the redline and everything in these sn95s was to reprogram,but a added plus youll gain alittle hp with a programmer.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked high and low when mine was bounching off the redline and everything in these sn95s was to reprogram,but a added plus youll gain alittle hp with a programmer.
kinda figured..I doubt I will see any HP gain. My car is stock.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
39 Posts
Instead of a reprogram would a fox 5.0 pcm swap fix it? Ive seen guys do this and get better power and some fixed their idle problem.

If not that optishift looks cool has anyone used one?
I took my 95 out to the track Wednesday for the first time and every couple runs with my foot buried she'd hit redline before a shift totally sucked.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,421 Posts
$160 doesn't sound bad to me!! :yes
That's the cost of the wiring harness. The controller is $450 so the total cost, including the required wiring harness, is $610. The Moates Quarterhorse is a better option at just $249.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the cost of the wiring harness. The controller is $450 so the total cost, including the required wiring harness, is $610. The Moates Quarterhorse is a better option at just $249.
:wtf
Well thats just a ripoff..

Also, I've been wondering, how do you have the modular 4R70W auto trans on your car? What mods had to be done to make that happen?

·
Registered
47 Posts
my mkviii also has the 4r70w nice trans(lower low gear higher overdrive) but totally comp controlled...I added a trans-go shift kit to my mkviii shifts a lot better but the shift points leave a lot to be desired(dropping into [email protected] sucks I lock out O.D.untill I want it) reprograming is my only option.I would like to put this trans in my 95 also... I have a spare trans but the bellhousing is different and is there a stand alone comp for the trans???

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my mkviii also has the 4r70w nice trans(lower low gear higher overdrive) but totally comp controlled...I added a trans-go shift kit to my mkviii shifts a lot better but the shift points leave a lot to be desired(dropping into [email protected] sucks I lock out O.D.untill I want it) reprograming is my only option.I would like to put this trans in my 95 also... I have a spare trans but the bellhousing is different and is there a stand alone comp for the trans???
Thats why I'm interested. I also hear that the 4r70w has less parasitic loss than the AODE?

On a side note...Does anyone know if a shift kit affects reverse? Whenever I put my car in reverse it slams almost and kicks the car back a bit (even with the brakes on!!) I've checked the U-joint and the driveshaft. They are solid as a rock. I'm thinking its the kick from the shift kit like it does with every other gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts