Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of the 94-98 model years have a rear trunk lid w/o the 3rd brake light? I want to replace my trunk with one without the 3rd brake light, get a cobra spoiler that has one in it, and get a bumper that says mustang and not mustang gt. I thought the v6 models didnt have the 3rd light but i believe they do. maybe the cobra trunk?? thanks ya'll.:D

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
If you are doing all of that you are going to have to paint anyways so just take the light out and fill it. Even if there is one without a light its going to cost you more to buy it then it would to fill your factory one......and on the mustang gt just fill in the gt

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree with the 3rd light..it is an option....but if i filled the gt in, the "mustang" would not be centered.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
well thats the only option I know of.....I dont think I have ever seen one that says just mustang......

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you are doing all of that you are going to have to paint anyways so just take the light out and fill it. Even if there is one without a light its going to cost you more to buy it then it would to fill your factory one......and on the mustang gt just fill in the gt
Thats the way to do it. Fill it in and get it painted. Btw's I had my MustangGT filled in for a smooth look. Looks great. Just fyi.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the 94-95 cobra's said just mustang also btw...

I will just have the light filled...

·
Registered
288 Posts
i did the same thing with the bumper. i just bought the v6 one cause it was centered and the cobra one says cobra on it.

the cobra deck lid is the only one that does not have the 3rd brake light in it. if u dont want to buy one then i recomend just shaving it off.

the cobra spoiler bolts dont match exactly on the non cobra deck lids. they are moved over a few inches. when i put the cobra spoiler on i just made new holes for it and then had to fill in the original ones. the spoiler barely covers them fyi so u can just use some seam sealer if ur not going to switch out the deck lid

ive done this whole switch twice, on my car and someone elses. if you have any more questions on it just let me know

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks bro....i will keep my eyes open for a cobra deck lid cheap...if not i will just fill it in...

Anyone want to trade a "Mustang GT" bumper for a "Mustang" bumper?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.