Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so, I'm looking at getting a decent color scheme worked out for my car. The base color is, as you can all see, vapor silver, with some sharp black c-striping along the side of the body. Obviously, the major colors in play will be silver and black. I'll be swapping out the rims for staggared 19" black, link for wheels below. I'm thinking of some red undertones to really set the car off properly. Lowering springs are in the near future as well, I'm thinking a 1-1.5" drop for a more aggressive stance

Another part, not pictured in the pic of the car will be a CDC aggressive chin spoiler. I'm also thinking of having the rear spoiler painted black. So, where will the red be? Caliper covers, and I'll be having some red LEDs for the interior lighting. I'm also thinking of some faint red lighting beneath the grill. I'll be going with a black billet grille as well.

Opinions?

Link for wheels: Black 2010 GT500 Mustang Wheels (2005-2009) - Free Shipping!

And the car

·
Manthusiast
2,806 Posts
Too much silver for red imo....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i would get those wheels. tint the windows. smoke the head and tail lights. the red could be the calipers, but that would seem to be the only red on the whole car so it wouldnt make since. If you painted the calipers silver (mine are) with black wheels they really stand out.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Biggest thing is getting that car down. After that, I'd say scrap the does-nothing spoiler to clean up the lines a bit.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, definitely NOT scrapping the spoiler, I'm a fan for it, and the car looks incomplete/barren without it in my opinion.

The red would be simple highlights, such as the calipers and interior lights, so nothing genuinely overpowering. I'm a little apprehensive about silver calipers, seems like it'd be too much silver to me.

Window tinting is also an issue, since I'll be going back to Illinois soon, and they're absolute assholes when it comes to tinting windows. Truth be told, I wouldn't be able to get anything substantially different to what the windows look like already.

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Lower it, get chrome wheels instead of black (black looks cheap IMO, reminds me of winter wheels or wheels that were rattle-can'd black due to peeling), black would look good if you had tinted windows (even a little) and if they had a chrome or polished lip.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
^ I disagree lol and I like what you have planned for it op. Those black wheels with some tint and a nice drop will look good :yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts