Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know that I have a fairly new drivetrain in my stang. I have been slowly working on it for a while. Running 15# of boost pegs the LMAF at 5700-6000 rpm, depending on air temperature (density). Therefore I applied a MAFia setting two, which supposedly provides 24% more air flow range.

I multiplied injector values, displacement, and intake manifold volume by .76 then plugged up the MAFia set to two (2). The initial data log showed that I had 2-12% error in the lean direction. I was out of MAF range in the maf transfer function, 63.9 # per min limit on my PCM. So I ratio or scaled the maf air flow down by 15% or .85 (also multiplied injector values, displacement, and intake manifold volume by .85) to give me some range to work with. Applied MAF correction from data logging and now I am within 3-5% of commanded a/f.

So the point here is that I got the MAFia to work!!!

I know that lots of people don't like the MAFia, and I'm not here to change your minds. If you have some spare cash please buy me a VMP HPX Cobra setup and I will be happy to get rid of the LMAF and MAFia.

This now means that I can turn up the boost. I have a 17# and 19# pulley sitting here. :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well 17# is sweet on this car. The tune responded properly the a/f is close to where I want it, its 11.4 and I want 11.2. Timing decreased with the additional load (1.8 load).

Only problem is that I need a new belt now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts