Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can get my hands on an AR15 from a buddy in my shop. He bought it a few years ago and put anAimpoint Comp ML2 X2 Scope on it. He said I could get it from him for $1500. Its only been taken to the range one time since he's had it too. Whadya think?:cool:

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
yeah, there is a huge qualtiy difference between ar manufacturers. we can only say if its a good deal if you tell us what it is.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
that sight can be found used for about 300 bux..... as for the rifle, it would need to be atleast a tier 2 quality rifle to spend that much on it. if its a colt, its a good deal. if its an olympic, then its a terrible deal.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called him.

Weapon Manufacturer: American Spirit Arms
Barrel Manufacturer: Combat Wilson
Bolt Carrier is a "Custom JK Brand"

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
run....

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
my bushy was less than $1000 brand new, you can get a used aimpoint, and of course that is assuming you NEED an aimpoint, for most people (not in combat) a cheaper sight is fine.

A strap and mags?? you can get poly mags for 10-25 bucks each..

You don't need a shooting rest, learn to shoot with your body and natural terrain, much more realistic and rewarding :)

Depending on the model he has, if it's decent offer him $800 rifle only and $900 w/ the aimpoint... check out ar15.com, they have a lot of great deals from guys on there..

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Hahah what's a good manufacturer to look for for an AR?
Bushmaster, Rock River, Colt are the top guys.. Sig has a SICK 556...but you really can build one for very little money with quality parts. DPMS has some good ones, but you need to make sure you get the chromed barrel.

Stay away from Olympic Arms..

check out del-ton for parts kits.. with the way things are prices are coming down, but the days of $80 lowers are probably behind us till Obama goes away.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
Bushmaster, Rock River, Colt are the top guys.. Sig has a SICK 556...but you really can build one for very little money with quality parts. DPMS has some good ones, but you need to make sure you get the chromed barrel.

Stay away from Olympic Arms..

check out del-ton for parts kits.. with the way things are prices are coming down, but the days of $80 lowers are probably behind us till Obama goes away.
rock river and shrubmaster should not be used when "top guys" is used...... they are at most a tier 2 manufacturer. meaning they are fine for most people, but when it comes to running them really hard, they arent the best.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
rock river and shrubmaster should not be used when "top guys" is used...... they are at most a tier 2 manufacturer. meaning they are fine for most people, but when it comes to running them really hard, they arent the best.
Yeah, that was my point... since he didn't precursor with "I'm joining Blackwater, and will be running ops in green zones 200 days a year." a top manufacture is good.. however I know a lot of guys using both in combat, and they are reliable.. but a lot of guys have self built ones..

So who would you choose for 'top' real world use?

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
So who would you choose for 'top' real world use?
noveske, KAC, bcm, colt, larue

i was just stating that you said bushmaster was one of the best, and they are not

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
RRA is pretty debatable if Colt is considered top tier. Colt is considered top tier because it's been made that way by word of mouth, IMO. Guys like Noveske, Larue, KAC, BCM all made themselves top tier by their work. I don't get the Cult love but I guess that's another argument.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
RRA is pretty debatable if Colt is considered top tier. Colt is considered top tier because it's been made that way by word of mouth, IMO. Guys like Noveske, Larue, KAC, BCM all made themselves top tier by their work. I don't get the Cult love but I guess that's another argument.
I dont get it either to be honest...

I've shot an Oly Arms and a Noveske N4 and really couldnt tell much of a difference between the two except the Noveske had much better fit between recievers, they shot the same, I've also fondled a RRA that was dedicated to Police Use and a Colt Commando M4 (with fully auto trigger group :D) used by the SWAT team...

That Colt was a POS, horrid fit and form, only thing saving it from the heap pile was replacement of everything inside it and the fact that it was issued to this SWAT officer. Being that it was once government issue I just chalk it up to that and not Colt's name as I know that Colt would (at least I hope) do better for their AR15's.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts