Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my knowledge I don't think they are TTY bolts but somewhere along the line I read that they should be replace. How many of you guys reuse the 12pt driveshaft bolts?

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
I never change them and don't use Loctite either unless it's on a recacar or heavy-duty truck. Whoever said to replace them is full of it.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
No need to change them. I've reused them over and over again. However, when I swapped to the C4 and had to use a driveshaft spacer I went with longer allen head bolts.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. It saves me 15.99.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
No problem. I recommend locktite just because i had all 4 bolts come loose on me even after torquing them down. Took a while but then out of no where i started to get this violent shake when cruising. They were all finger tight when i crawled under to see what was wrong

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
You can reuse them, I reused mine too however ill be replacing them when I get the driveshaft balanced.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Mine are out 4-5 times a year and never use loc tite. Just tighten them up good and they are fine

Sent from my LG-AS680 using AutoGuide App

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
No problem. I recommend locktite just because i had all 4 bolts come loose on me even after torquing them down. Took a while but then out of no where i started to get this violent shake when cruising. They were all finger tight when i crawled under to see what was wrong
Same thing happened to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts