Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
this thread is like the SVO...its not going to die

I just point this out because I got raped by one just 30 minutes ago. SHE beat me by well over a car length, possible two. All 3 races. Props to you SVO owners!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Best little sleeper ever.

I just took my first ride in one of these little turbo sleepers this past Saturday. This one was moderately modified, but very streetable. My buddy just got it up in Chicago. The timeslips left in the car showed it had ran low
13s for the quarter. He has since increased the boost and made some other fine adjustments, so this one should easily go into the 12s. It is an amazing little car and when that turbo spools up, it will pin you back in the seat. It is a shame Ford didn't stick with this motor and develop it even further. By the way I have heard there will be an SVO 6 cylinder coming soon for the new Mustang. I love Ford V-8s, but these cars are very impressive.

Ron

·
Registered
7,991 Posts

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
stock, they are dogs, dont launch in boost, they are laggy, launch too much boost you boil the tires, ive never seen a stock one go faster than low 15's.

If you do see one, more than likely its worn out, beaten and on its last leg.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
stock, they are dogs, dont launch in boost, they are laggy, launch too much boost you boil the tires, ive never seen a stock one go faster than low 15's.

If you do see one, more than likely its worn out, beaten and on its last leg.
Well, you have to look at what that car was designed to do: compete with the E30-chassis BMW on road courses. All of the parts that make that car different from the Turbo GT were to make it handle better, not to be good at the quarter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hellsyeah the SVO'S are any good. they where the fastest and most expensive mustang of 84,85,86. Plus with little to no modifications you can have a lot of power. (unplug knock sensor, turn up boost, & retard time) and theres not a stock gt that will hold a candle.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
It is a shame Ford didn't stick with this motor and develop it even further. By the way I have heard there will be an SVO 6 cylinder coming soon for the new Mustang. I love Ford V-8s, but these cars are very impressive.

Ron

Seen the new Taurus SHO? That thing is pretty beast, i know its a 6er but still. I think they are still developing these things, just with modern engines. Whats in the SVT Focus?

And bringing it back in the new body style would be BADASS!

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
The Mustang GT will have a option for the Ecoboost Twin Turbo V6 that is already in the SHO and going into the F150 (Which will have 420ft lb's of torque with the Ecoboost motor). The new Focus ST that is coming out will have the new Ecoboost Direct Injection four cylinder and is slated to fight the likes of Mitus's EVO and Subie's WRX.

Focus ST:

http://media.fordvehicles.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33315

Ecoboost F150:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1049613_2011-ford-f-150-ecoboost-first-drive

SHO:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/auto-shows/chicago/2010-ford-taurus-sho-ecoboost

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have to agree, SVO's are pretty badass! I've never seen one in person and I've only ever seen one on craigslist lol I prefer the turbo coupes but either way they are badass :)

41 - 60 of 73 Posts