Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a mach in spring. i know im going to supercharge it. from what i have read they hold about 450rwhp but i know theres always the ppl that push it and make more. are a lot of ppl making 450-500 rwhp with stock internals? if so whats the safiest power adder to get their, centri, roots or turbo?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
not on boost because the mach's have higher compression pistons that aren't made for boost. You can get 400 but I doubt there are many if any running boost and making 500 to the wheels on a stock short block mach.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I read about one guy on the registry making 507? I think on the stock block. But that is DEFINATELY not the norm. I blew 3 holes in my block at 417/413. It was pretty spectacular.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow so you saying its higher for machs to be making 400??? GT's can make 430 rwhp but they have lower compression so to run higher boost

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
it will run it just fine, just got to be carefull on tuning. the VE of the heads will allow a little more power, but you have to be easy on it at the same time. 450rwhp is a "safe" recommendation, but they can hold a little more if done right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts