Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Every tire made is a good one and will all give you high-performance.... just only in certain catagories :D

What is your idea of good?

These tires are designed for the open-track/AX events and are not to be used in freezing conditons.

Jazzer :)

·
KCCO
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm puttin my 4.10's in in about 2 hours and Im prob gonna order some 17x10.5's on monday and its between these tires and the Sumitomo hrz's from AM. The Kumho's are on sale on tire rack for 79 but shipping would be 89 :rolleyes: and the Sumitomos are 130 each from AM so they'd end up being around the same price. Its pretty much a street car (summer only) and I would like having the good wear of the Sumi's but I've heard mixed reviews about them. I also want to be able to have some fun at the track on occasion over the summer. Any suggestions on other tires? Price IS a big factor. Thanks guys

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
What are your needs, in terms of grip? You say "track" but are you referring to latteral or off-the-line grip?

·
KCCO
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was planning on taking it to a couple autocross events this summer. And I'll prob be down at the 1/8th track by me on cruise nights. I am by no means a serious racer, but I want to experiment with different things this summer and have fun doing it. I just dont want to buy a pos

·
Registered
34 Posts
IMO, i would go with the Sumos from AM. I have them on my car, and haven't had any problems with them except for they didn't like the snow. Plus if you order the rims and tires from AM, they mount and balance them for free and ship them too you. Just pull them out the box and bolt em on the car, no need find a shop to mount up your tires and have a chance of someone not caring and messing up your rims. IMO.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Well I was planning on taking it to a couple autocross events this summer. And I'll prob be down at the 1/8th track by me on cruise nights. I am by no means a serious racer, but I want to experiment with different things this summer and have fun doing it. I just dont want to buy a pos
Such a tire is designed for latteral grip, so AX will be great :yes
It is not, however, designed for traction from a dig off the line :no

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
It's been a good while ago. but I had a set of Kumho's stock size on stock rims. I remember being satisfied with them as far as general performance. I also remember them wearing a little quick but nothing terrible. There are better tires out there but not in the same price range. I feel they were a good value.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts