Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the poor quality pics, have a hard time focusing with my phone. Anyway, I picked up these springs (BBK 2510's) for a pretty good deal on eBay. $130 shipped. Problem is, the photo in the ad didn't really show how rusty they were. When I actually got them, they weren't in as good of condition as I thought, but I haven't really seen a lot of used springs, so I just don't know how good or bad they are. What do you think?

I am going to soak them in Evaporust to get rid of the rust, then re-paint with caliper paint, but wondered what you all thought.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
they will be ok,from the pics it just looks like surface rust...nothing major..from the 2nd and 4th pic it looks like he had the isos on the front springs because of the square pattern,imo you will be ok and i would just sand and paint them your choice of color

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeah I think the evaporust should get rid of all the rust. I just got black paint. Can't really see you springs anyway. I'll post pics after.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any other opinions? I really just want to make sure they're going to hold up and not bite me down the road. If I'm uncomfortable with them, I'll just Evaporust them and sell them again, try to get my money back out of them.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
they look to be just a bit rusted from sittin around or something, dont have any experience with bbk springs specifically but you should be fine. i would also reccomend that if those are drop springs to get some decent struts, shocks an your ride will be worlds better

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they look to be just a bit rusted from sittin around or something, dont have any experience with bbk springs specifically but you should be fine. i would also reccomend that if those are drop springs to get some decent struts, shocks an your ride will be worlds better
Thanks. They do drop a little, but only 1.25". The shocks and struts would be nice, as would some C/C plates, but if I had the money for a whole new suspension setup, I wouldn't have bought old rusty springs, lol.:D

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
They will end up looking just like that a few months after you install them. The spring get hammered by the elements and dirt and rocks bouncing round off the tires.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They will end up looking just like that a few months after you install them. The spring get hammered by the elements and dirt and rocks bouncing round off the tires.
Awesome, I figured that was the case, I just wasn't sure. I'll get rid of the rust and paint them and call it good. I think $130 was a pretty good deal for these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts