Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i checked header temps today and three where low, so i pulled plugs and were soaking wet with oil. so i check compression and nothing so I guess its time for forged pistons and good rings in a new block. maybe a 347 not exactly sure yet but If any one has reccomendations, or spare parts there willing to sell lmk Block rotating assembly bolts etc. I really didnt need this though because i guess im saving for a while to build again. LESSON LEARNED check rotating assembly even though it was a "fresh rebuild" said PO

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Sorry to hear that

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not exactly zero like 15 20.. but oil slings up on top of pistons. How do you do a leak down?

And I only did one of the three. Because I was pissed already about it then my starter just spun notspinning motor over so I just left the shop pissed but if my starter comes back I will rn compression on all 8

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill check the tool box

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
ON a compression test, make sure to prop the throttle body wide open, have all 8 plugs out, and crank it at the starter relay, not at the key. That keeps fuel and spark from happening. A leak down tester is a pressure regulator with two gauges and an adapter that screws into the spark plug hole like a compression tester. It's VITALLY important that the piston be held at TDC when doing a leakdown, as you get skewed results as the piston moves down the cylinder.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Oh, and sorry to hear about your engine. I don't know why people have to lie when selling a car. Seems to be happening a lot more these days.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
If you do a rebuild, probe sells a 331/347 kit for 940 shipped. Cast crank and ****, but for what you're it'll be fine. Not meant for high rpm's but your combo in a 347 wouldn't really rev that high anyway.

Sorry to hear that... People are scumbags in the world. I've seen it happen a few times

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well if I rebuild ill buy a used kit with ross piston and forged pistons and rods and go 11.1, and redo my topend. I found a kit for 600 with the above

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Without doing much searching through your build, what's the scoop on the heads? Where they checked over before use if they were bought used? Guides and seals?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Without doing much searching through your build, what's the scoop on the heads? Where they checked over before use if they were bought used? Guides and seals?
Agreed. If it comes down to it pull the heads before assuming all is lost to see whats going on in there.

Good luck however it goes!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Track heat 170s
Hand ported(dunno who?)
Milled past the oring cutout
Fresh seals
3 angle valve job.
One is matched to 1262 other wasn't, so if I take them off I will even them up. Comp hi tech stainless rockers. All I can think of

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't decide if I do 9.8/1. Or 11/1. N/a or boost in future. That's a hard decision.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Yep it is, but consider this, if you go 11 to 1 you can always go with a larger cc combustion chamber to lower comp for boost.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine ar probably 59 or 60cc. What about a thick head gasket?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I pulled all 8 plugs, and belt. Hooked up compression gauge. Reached in and starter just spun freely uh.. if its not one thing its another this will be 4 starters in 35 miles.. I tried turning the crank with a wrench. It probably won't be accuratebut if it is I only got 25psi

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Nope, you won't spin it fast enough. And what are you doing to your poor starters? Maybe you need to shim it or just plain get a different brand.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope, you won't spin it fast enough. And what are you doing to your poor starters? Maybe you need to shim it or just plain get a different brand.
that's what I thought.. idk I should only be 9.5 at the most

1 - 20 of 24 Posts