Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This stuff is the bane of my existence. Everyone knows I love to make my cars shine, and this time of year, I'm flooded with with Armorall gift sets. Which I proceed to take out the microfiber and then give to my younger brother.. who then places it in a cabinet along with all the other rejected car products *cough* Turtle wax.

The Dash stuff is streaky and blinds me, and the glass cleaner smells of bad decisions and regret. However this year I got something new. Its called Wheel Protectant. I thought, why not. The only thing I like more than cleaning my car is tearing it up.

This stuff works. I cleaned then sprayed some on a rim, left the others just clean. With the brembo's Im always cleaning rims, and I really see a difference here. Try it out its good stuff, Touche Armorall.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Totally unrelated to your post but i saw in your other post that you came from a Camaro SS...Why the switch? Just wondering because a friend of mine has the 45th edition camaro and he says the people on his forum changed from mustangs because of the looks.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I had a 2012 Camaro 2SS, I loved the car atheistically. The interior feels like its made out of a better quality materials, where as the mustang felt like alot of cheap plastic. Its looks great and the IRS is great on the twisties.

However. My car is not only my passion, it also helps pay my bills. Im Sponsored by Amsoil so I get a lot of invitations to the races in my area. ( WHOS COMING TO ONE LAP OF AMERICA WITH ME!)

If you troll the Camaro5 Forums, you'll notice two things. One they have stickied topics like * How to beat a 5.0 mustang* Included is a list of bolt ons. Because I race the car, this plays a major factor in preference. The second is that the forums aren't really as knowledgeable. For example I posted here asking if anyone made their own rear seat delete. 2hrs later I had example/ Pics and a few new Ideas. Camaro5 would be a long wait and people that had Idea's that "might" work.

The Aftermarket Community is just as important as the parts themselves.

Even though I'm sponsored I pay for my own parts. Compare a Camaro exhaust to a mustang exhaust of the same year and company. GM parts are expensive... really expensive.

Warentee, I called GM and asked about buying the supercharger from the ZL1/ Caddy CTSV. GM would hear nothing of it. Call ford and ask them to put a supercharger. They'll do it with a coke and a smile and let you keep a portion of your warrantee. Granted the factory warentee goes out the window.

Mustang people I know are the only ones that tear apart a brand new car in their own garage, not saying Camaro owners dont, but I see the forums with posts mostly about how the night rider led's look in their hood.

Even on the twistys and with a live axle the mustang feels more nimble and responsive. Weights between the two seem really off, I mean really off, its like driving a tank vs bike.

last but not least, gauges are important to me. I like that the camaro has the HUD. However To check oil pressure, oil temp ect, the gauges are located by the stick. This does not work for me. I try to spend as much time with my eyes on the road as possible and having to look down at my stick to check status of my vehicle felt dangerous.

my 08 Gt premium was lost when I took it into a wall at a Drift comp. Ill see if I have pics. I've always felt at home racing a mustang. I love all cars for different reasons, the mustang just suits my pref.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If I would of known I was going to get another Mustang, I would of kept my rear louvers ...FML

I had the car repaired but It never drove right.. Traded it for the Camaro, I got my mustang and 2 weeks later I saw the kid driving my old mustang, had to say high and get pix

Raced this too

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/dsmtuner10/dd8dbf97.jpg

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I own an Armour all product.
I keep the MF, besides the wheel protectant, neither do I. Water works better than most of their products.

Reactions: Shook1db

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Well I had a 2012 Camaro 2SS, I loved the car atheistically. The interior feels like its made out of a better quality materials, where as the mustang felt like alot of cheap plastic. Its looks great and the IRS is great on the twisties.

However. My car is not only my passion, it also helps pay my bills. Im Sponsored by Amsoil so I get a lot of invitations to the races in my area. ( WHOS COMING TO ONE LAP OF AMERICA WITH ME!)

If you troll the Camaro5 Forums, you'll notice two things. One they have stickied topics like * How to beat a 5.0 mustang* Included is a list of bolt ons. Because I race the car, this plays a major factor in preference. The second is that the forums aren't really as knowledgeable. For example I posted here asking if anyone made their own rear seat delete. 2hrs later I had example/ Pics and a few new Ideas. Camaro5 would be a long wait and people that had Idea's that "might" work.

The Aftermarket Community is just as important as the parts themselves.

Even though I'm sponsored I pay for my own parts. Compare a Camaro exhaust to a mustang exhaust of the same year and company. GM parts are expensive... really expensive.

Warentee, I called GM and asked about buying the supercharger from the ZL1/ Caddy CTSV. GM would hear nothing of it. Call ford and ask them to put a supercharger. They'll do it with a coke and a smile and let you keep a portion of your warrantee. Granted the factory warentee goes out the window.

Mustang people I know are the only ones that tear apart a brand new car in their own garage, not saying Camaro owners dont, but I see the forums with posts mostly about how the night rider led's look in their hood.

Even on the twistys and with a live axle the mustang feels more nimble and responsive. Weights between the two seem really off, I mean really off, its like driving a tank vs bike.

last but not least, gauges are important to me. I like that the camaro has the HUD. However To check oil pressure, oil temp ect, the gauges are located by the stick. This does not work for me. I try to spend as much time with my eyes on the road as possible and having to look down at my stick to check status of my vehicle felt dangerous.

my 08 Gt premium was lost when I took it into a wall at a Drift comp. Ill see if I have pics. I've always felt at home racing a mustang. I love all cars for different reasons, the mustang just suits my pref.
That's hilarious :lol

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol well when you highlight it like that, it looks like I'm Hating.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol made me cry when I bought a camaro. Actually the first race after the breakin on the camaro, my maiden 1/4 mile, I got **** on by a 5.0

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Lol made me cry when I bought a camaro. Actually the first race after the breakin on the camaro, my maiden 1/4 mile, I got **** on by a 5.0
What are you sponsored for? Like why are you sponsored and what benefits do ya get from your sponsors? If you don't mind me asking.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
So how much is a basic exhaust setup for the new camaros vs the new 5.0? I'm on my I phone or I'd look myself

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are you sponsored for? Like why are you sponsored and what benefits do ya get from your sponsors? If you don't mind me asking.
Really all it is, is that they give me access to things like One Lap of America, or other races that require a sponsor. They send you invites to all kinds of races that your not supposed to be at ( like import face off) and all they ask for is some decals on my car when I race. Amsoil gives me 30% off their products, so does Mothers. I also get slick off road car wash, cheap. Can't have conflicting sponsors and any video's of your car racing belong to them. It lets me race at the tracks in the area, which ironically I don't have a make a car payment during race season because the bracket racing are winner take all (some have buy backs just in case). Luckily for us, the mustang is really easy to race so getting 13.1 -13.2 constantly is an easy way to make some extra cash a on the weekends.

Just keep the racing off the street and its cake. I'm no professional racer, but being able to drive lets me get cars I otherwise could not afford.

I do it alone, I'm my own Driver, mechanic, and crew. Well, my son helps too. hes going to be 3.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Borla Stinger S-Type Catback Exhaust (11-13 GT)
1249.99 though AM free shipping

BORLA® - S-Type™ Cat-Back Exhaust System 2012 Camaro
Car ID not sure about shipping.

May not seem like much to some, but that stuff adds up when you have price differences like that.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a huge gap

for a slower car...

See what I mean? As far as racing goes, it doesn't make sense (To me) to race a camaro. I let my gf instead of my judgment make that decision. Every once in a while I forget there are not one and the same.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Lol you just need to train her to the mustangs more.

Didn't it use to be the other way around though gm after market products were cheaper vs the two?

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol you just need to train her to the mustangs more.

Didn't it use to be the other way around though gm after market products were cheaper vs the two?

Well the Small block chevy ( like what was in the vette) is really cheap and readily available, so its parts are alot cheaper than the LS series Engines, however you really cant beat the fox body prices for going really fast really cheap. Small Block Chevy or 302 is the way to go if you were looking into racing. To be honest, if you wanted to get into it , its really not speed, its consistency. I only upgrade one part at a time, and really its just because I get bored running the same time every weekend. I also feel you drive your car to full potential when you master it at every add on instead of just thowing a bunch of parts at it and trying to get the best time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts